ABS Capital Partners
|Headquarters||400 East Pratt Street
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
|Products||Venture capital, Growth capital|
|Total assets||$2.1 billion|
ABS Capital Partners is an American venture capital firm focused on investments in companies across a range of industries, including business and education services, information and communications technology and health care.
The firm, which is based in Baltimore, was founded in 1990. The firm has raised approximately $2.5 billion since inception across seven funds.
ABS Capital Partners was founded in 1990 and was originally the investment arm of Alex. Brown & Sons (later BT Alex. Brown). The firm's founder, Donald Hebb spent more than 20 years with Alex. Brown where he was CEO from 1986 to 1991, leading the initial public offering in 1986.
ABS is an acronym representing the firm's predecessor organization Alex. Brown & Sons.
- BBN TO SELL MAJORITY STAKE IN SOFTWARE UNIT. New York Times, July 3, 1996
- Superior Vision Services, Inc. Completes $54.25 Million Recapitalization With ABS Capital Partners, ORIX Venture Finance LLC and DCA Capital Partners. Market Wire, February, 2007
- Baltimore-based ABS Capital Partners invests in Payformance Corp. Daily Record, The (Baltimore), Jul 23, 2002
- Restaurant oil supplier strikes gusher: $60M. Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal, February 17, 2006
- Restaurant oil supplier reaps $25M. Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal, April 6, 2007
- ABS's Fearlessness Pays Off. Washington Post, November 21, 2005
- Captivate Network Closes Second Round of Financing; Top Tier Venture Capital Firms Fund New Media Company. Business Wire, July 7, 1999