|Type||Public (NYSE: ACCO)|
|Founded||2005 (Merger with ACCO World and General Binding Corporation)|
|Headquarters||Lincolnshire, IL, USA|
|Area served||North America
Neal V. Fenwick
(Executive Vice President) & (CFO)
$ 1.3 billion (FY 2011)
|Operating income||$ 115.2 million (FY 2011)|
|Net income||$ 56.7 million (FY 2011)|
|Total assets||$ 1.1 billion (FY 2011)|
|Total equity||$ -61 million (FY 2011)|
|Employees||3,800 (December 2011)|
In 1910, the company became the American Clip Company, and first used the name "ACCO" as an initialism, which became the company's formal name in 1922.
After many acquisitions, ACCO went public in 1983, and was acquired in 1987 by American Brands (later Fortune Brands).
In 1992, ACCO UK was created from the integration of ACCO Europe and Rexel Ltd. ACCO UK is the UK's largest manufacturer of office products, and its brands include Derwent Cumberland Pencil Company.
In 2005, ACCO was spun off from Fortune Brands and through the merger with the General Binding Corporation, ACCO Brands was formed.
In 2012, ACCO Brands completed a $860 million deal to combine with MeadWestvaco’s Consumer and Office Products business. The transaction added brands like Mead®, Five Star®, Trapper Keeper®, AT-A-GLANCE®, Cambridge®, Day Runner®, Hilroy, Tilibra and Grafons to ACCO Brands' portfolio.
- "ACCO Brands Corporation 2011 Annual Report, Form 10-K, Filing Date Feb 23, 2012". secdatabase.com. Retrieved June 16, 2012.
- "ACCO Rexel history".
- "ACCO Hetzel products available online".
- "ACCO Brands, Form 8-K, Current Report, Filing Date Jul 21, 2005". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Dec 29, 2012.
- "ACCO Brands, Form 8-K, Current Report, Filing Date Jan 18, 2012". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Dec 30, 2012.
- "ACCO Brands, Form 10-K, Annual Report, Filing Date Feb 23, 2012". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Dec 30, 2012.
- ACCO Brands home.
- Rexel Europe home.
- Nobo Europe home.
- GBC Europe home.
- Derwent home.
- ACCO UK home.
- Acco Brands SEC Filings.