|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2013)|
|Type||Public (NYSE: ACCO)|
|Founded||2005 (Merger with ACCO World and General Binding Corporation)|
|Headquarters||Lake Zurich, IL, USA|
|Area served||North America
(Executive Vice President) & (CFO)
$ 1.8 billion (FY 2013)
|Operating income||$ 115.2 million (FY 2011)|
|Net income||$ 56.7 million (FY 2011)|
|Total assets||$ 1.1 billion (FY 2011)|
|Total equity||$ -61 million (FY 2011)|
|Employees||3,800 (December 2011)|
In 1910, the company became the American Clip Company, and first used the name "ACCO" as an initialism, which became the company's formal name in 1922.
After many acquisitions, ACCO went public in 1983, and was acquired in 1987 by American Brands (later Fortune Brands).
In 1992, ACCO UK was created from the integration of ACCO Europe and Rexel Ltd. ACCO UK is the UK's largest manufacturer of office products.
In 2012, ACCO Brands completed a $860 million deal to combine with MeadWestvaco’s Consumer and Office Products business. The transaction added brands like Mead, Five Star, Trapper Keeper, AT-A-GLANCE, Cambridge, Day Runner, Hilroy, Tilibra and Grafons to ACCO Brands' product line.
- Day Dream
- Day Runner®
- Derwent® (Derwent Cumberland Pencil Company)
- GBC® (General Binding Corporation)
- Kensington® (home of the Kensington Security Slot)
- Wilson Jones®
- "ACCO Brands Corporation 2011 Annual Report, Form 10-K, Filing Date Feb 23, 2012". secdatabase.com. Retrieved June 16, 2012.
- "ACCO Rexel history".
- "ACCO Hetzel products available online".
- "ACCO Brands, Form 8-K, Current Report, Filing Date Jul 21, 2005". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Dec 29, 2012.
- "ACCO Brands, Form 8-K, Current Report, Filing Date Jan 18, 2012". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Dec 30, 2012.
- "ACCO Brands, Form 10-K, Annual Report, Filing Date Feb 23, 2012". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Dec 30, 2012.