ACPM Medical College
|Jawahar Medical Foundation's Late Shri. Annasaheb Chudaman|
|Type||Medical Education and Research institute|
|Dean||Dr B. G. Patil|
|Management||Jawahar Medical Foundation|
ACPM Medical College or Jawahar Medical Foundation's Annasaheb Chudaman Patil Memorial Medical College is a medical college in Dhule, Maharashtra affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (M.U.H.S., Nashik).
Jawahar Medical Foundation was the concept of philanthropist, social worker and politician Late. Annasaheb Chudaman Patil. The foundation was registered in 1984. From a small a charitable general hospital with only 150 beds, ACPM hospital has now gone on to be 500 bedded hospital which has an Intensive Coronary Care Unit (ICCU), Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Neonatal Intensive Critical Unit (NICU), Paediatric Intensive care Unit (PICU), CT - SCAN and a blood bank amongst other facilities. It is backed up by Central & Departmental Laboratories for all the Investigations round the clock
The following are the major milestones in the institute's history.
- 1990 Establishment of ACPM Medical college
- 1996 Establishment of JMF'S Nursing Training College
- 1999 Post graduate Diploma course of College of Physicians and Surgeons started in all clinical branches in the medical college.
- 2002 Establishment of ACPM Dental College with (100 seats), recognized by the Dental council of India. It is affiliated to Maharastra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
- 2006 Establishment of ACPM College of Physiotherapy, ACPM College of B.Sc. Nursing were started.
- 2007 Post Graduate Courses in the subjects of Medicine, Surgery, Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Pathology and Microbiology started.
College & hospital building : ACPMMC is set up over 14 acres (57,000 m2) of land. The construction is built over 160,000 sq ft (15,000 m2) of land.
Library & building halls : The college has central library and department libraries.
Medical College Hostels: There are separate Boys and Girls Hostels. The Nursing College Hostel is attached to the girls'hostel. Each room in the hostels accommodates three students.
Heads of Department
The following are the Heads of the departments in the college.
- Dept. Of Anatomy Dr. Manohar N. Ughade M.S.(Anatomy)
- Dept. Of Biochemistry Dr V.T.Surve
- Dept. Of Physiology Dr. Mrs. Manisha Koranne M.D.(Physiology)
- Dept. Of Forensic Medicine Dr. S. K. Singhal M.D. (F.M.T.) LLB
- Dept. Of Microbiology Dr. V. M. Bhate M. D. (Microbiology)
- Dept. Of Pathology Dr. Dravid, MD (Pathology)
- Dept. Of Pharmacology Dr. R. H. Mandlecha M.D. (Pharmacology)
- Dept. Of Anaesthesiology Dr. Ramesh Talele
- Dept. Of Community Medicine Dr. Malathi, M.D.
- Dept. Of E.N.T. Dr. B. G. Patil M.S.( E.N.T.) (PRINCIPAL)
- Dept. Of Medicine Dr. Deelip Patil, M.D. (Gen. Medicine)
- Dept. Of Obs - Gyn Dr. Alka B. Patil
- Dept. Of Ophthalmology Dr. Kamble M.S. (Ophthalmology)
- Dept. Of Orthopaedics Dr. Y.J. Mahale M.S. (Orthopaedics)
- Dept. Of Paediatrics Dr. Sanjay Joshi
- Dept. Of Psychiatry Dr. Jitendra D. Sachdeo M.D. (Psychiatry)
- Dept. Of Skin And V. D. Dr. D. Y. Mahajan M.D., (Skin & V.D.)
- Dept. Of Surgery Dr. Anjali Chitale
- Dept. Of T. B. & Chest Dr. Kulkarni, M. D. (T.B. & Chest Medicine)
Dr. B.G. Patil, the head of department of E.N.T. took over as the dean of the medical college in 2006. His predecessor was the head of ophthalmology, Dr. M. R. Gupta. The management of the institute includes Dr. Ashish Patil, Secretary and Trustee of Jawahar Medical Foundation and Chairman of the Institute of Urology Dr. Bhaidas Patil, FRCS. The management has a zero tolerance policy towards ragging and related activities. Dr. S.K. Singhal is the Medical Director of the institution. Dr. M. Chitale is the vice principal of the institution.
Each year, around February–March, the medical college students organize a college gathering. The batch which organizes is usually in first half of the third academic year of their studies. The students'governing council which consists of a General Secretary, Sports, Cultural, Fine Arts, Literary, Orchestra, Prize Distribution and Drama Secretaries handle the entire festival with guidance from the allotted teacher in-charge of the respective committee. literary events and sports events are conducted in the few days that run up to the festival. The highlight of the festival is usually a Volleyball final and Marathi drama which are performed on a professional scales. A cultural event usually follows on the next day. Both these events are held at Hire Bhavan, in the city of Dhule. The academic prize distribution and the literary events are held in the college auditorium itself. The festival culminates on the last day with a dance night. Such annual festival has different name each year - such as Beats (organizing batch - 1999), Renaissance (organizing batch - 2000), Oasis (organizing batch - 2001) and Phoenix (organizing batch - 2002).
Apart from the festival, the students also celebrate the Ganesh Chaturthi.
Prior to 2006, the admission to the institute was through the MH-CET. However, currently, the admission to ACPMMC is via Asso-CET, the entrance exam conducted by the Association of Private Unaided Medical and Dental Colleges. The exam is held each year in April–June.
Seri Joseph Abraham of Class of 2001 was the recipient of the ’Dr Suhdakar Sane Gold Medal’ and ’Late Smt Vijayadevi Phadtare Memorial Gold Medal’ in 2008 for securing the highest marks in General Medicine and Medicine of Third MBBS (Part II) amongst all the students of medical colleges affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences.
- [M.U.H.S. College Information]http://www.muhsnashik.com/college1.asp
- [Annasaheb Chudaman Patil: Biography]http://www.acpmjmf.com/medical/aboutus.html
- [ACPM Hospital]http://www.acpmjmf.com/medical/collegehospital.html
- [History of ACPM]http://www.acpmjmf.com/medical/aboutus.html
- [DMER information site]http://www.dmer.org/dmer/rest~of~maharashtra/dhule/1120-basic.html
- [Heads of Departments]http://www.acpmjmf.com/medical/ourdepartments.html
- [TEJ Urology]http://tejurology.com/
- [Seventh Convocation of M.U.H.S.]http://www.nasiktimes.com/fullStory.asp?articleID=NATI1ART05172008124341