ACTS Retirement-Life Communities
|Headquarters||West Point, Pennsylvania, U.S.|
|Key people||Marvin Mashner, CPA (President & CEO)|
|Revenue||$300 million and assets nearing $1 billion USD (2011)|
ACTS Retirement-Life Communities (ACTS), based out of West Point, Pennsylvania, is one of the largest not-for-profit owner, operator and developer of continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) in the United States. ACTS life care communities provide independent living residences for people age 62 and above, with guaranteed access to assisted living and skilled nursing care services, usually on the same campus. ACTS takes its name from the Acts of the Apostles of the Christian Bible. ACTS is incorporated in Pennsylvania and is designated a 501(c)3 charity.
ACTS began in the early 1970s, when a suburban Philadelphia pastor and members of the Church of the Open Door, a nondenominational church, sought a new and better way of living for the retired church members. Fulfilling instruction of the Scriptures, their idea was to provide a fulfilling and meaningful independent living lifestyle with a quality skilled heath care environment that would be available if ever needed. Using their own resources, this group built the first part of what today is known as Fort Washington Estates, which opened in 1972.
In 2010, ACTS concluded a partnership with Peninsula United Methodist Homes (PUMH) and Heron Point of Chestertown, and assumed management and operation of four communities in Delaware and Maryland.
ACTS is divided into four Regions:
- Pennsylvania - with eight campuses,
- Mid-Atlantic - Includes Delaware and Maryland with four campuses,
- MId-South - includes Alabama, Georgia, North and South Carolina with five campuses,
- Florida - Six campuses.
- Magnolia Trace, Huntsville
- Methodist Country House, Greenville;
- Methodist Manor House, Seadord ;
- Cokesbury Village in Hockessin.
- Azalea Trace, Pensacola;
- Edgewater Pointe Estates, Boca Raton;
- Indian River Estates East, Vero Beach;
- Indian River Estates West, Vero Beach
- St. Andrews Estates North, Boca Raton
- St. Andrews Estates South, Boca Raton
- Lanier Village Estates, Gainesville
- Heron Point, Chestertown
North Carolina 
South Carolina 
- Park Pointe Village, Rock Hill
- Brittany Pointe Estates, Lansdale;
- Fort Washington Estates, Fort Washington, Pennsylvania;
- Granite Farms Estates, Media;
- Gwynedd Estates, Ambler;
- Lima Estates, Media;
- Normandy Farms Estates, Blue Bell;
- Southampton Estates (originally called Open Door Estates), Southampton;
- Spring House Estates, Lower Gwynedd
- Official website
- Definition of a Skilled Nursing Facility
- Fitch Rates ACTS Retirement-Life Communities Obligated Group (PA) Ser 2012 Revs 'A-'; Outlook Stable
- 2011 Financial report -PDF