|Industry||Conferencing / Communications|
|Founded||Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.|
|Key people||Boland T. Jones, Founder, Chairman and CEO|
|Services||Audio Conferencing, Web Conferencing, Video Conferencing, Video Event Services|
ACT Conferencing, a PGi Company provides global conferencing services: audio, video, web and multimedia events. The company employs approximately 350 people, who are located in the headquarters office near Denver, Colorado, USA; in Lynnfield, Massachusetts, USA; and in other offices in Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Netherlands, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore and Australia. ACT Conferencing also operates as ACT Teleconferencing. According to Hoover's Online, the company targets clients in a broad range of industries, including finance, health care, investor relations, legal, government, manufacturing, and technology.
Founded in Lakewood, Colorado, USA, in 1989, ACT received funding in 2005 from Dolphin Direct, a New York–based private equity fund.
According to Guinness World Records, ACT holds the record for the largest telephone conference call, which connected 10,424 people.
Encyclopedia.com notes that ACT acquired Proximity, Inc., one of the world’s largest providers of room-based videoconferencing services, in early 2002.
Conferencing services range from on-demand, self-service to customized global multimedia events. Local dialing is available for participants in more than 65 countries.
ACT utilizes a number of regional carriers including AT&T, Rogers Telecom, Verizon, COLT Telecom, AAPT, PCCW and SingTel.
- Company History. ACT Conferencing.
- ACT Teleconferencing Successfully Completes Rights Offering. Business Wire. February 28, 2006
- Great Calls. Guinness World Records. March 5, 2008.
- ACT Teleconferencing Announces Agreement to Acquire Proximity, Inc. Acquisition of One of World's Largest Room-Based Videoconferencing Service Providers. PR Newswire. December 27, 2001.
- "PGi Acquires ACT Conferencing". Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- Global Presence and Capabilities ACT Conferencing.