Abu Dhabi National Oil Company
|Type||Government owned corporation|
|Industry||Oil and gas|
|Founded||1971 (restructured in 1988)|
|Headquarters||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Chairman of the Supreme Petroleum CouncilHis Excellency Abdulla Nasser Al Suweidi (CEO)
|Products||crude oil and oil products (fuels, lubricants)
natural gas (LNG, LPG)
|Revenue||US$ 75 billion (2011)|
The Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (Arabic: شركة بترول أبوظبي الوطنية) or ADNOC is the state-owned oil company of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It is considered to be the world's fourth largest oil company with access to country's oil and gas reserves, (137 billion barrels (21.8×109 m3) of oil as of June 2007).
ADNOC is one of the world's leading companies by oil reserves. The company operates two oil refineries which are Ruwais and Umm Al Nar. ADNOC has 14 subsidiary companies, both on upstream and downstream.
ADNOC is developing both onshore and offshore gas fields. Natural gas is exported in the form of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and supplied for local electricity and water utilities, to other industries including petrochemical plants and for re-injection into reservoirs to improve oil and condensate production.
ADNOC is the eighth largest recipient of US federal contract dollars, receiving a total of $918,256,500 in 2008 alone.
As a fully integrated oil and gas company, ADNOC operations fulfill every aspect of process in the petroleum industry. These process are then divided into sixteen subsidiaries, listed below:
- Exploration and production of oil and gas:
- Exploration and production services:
- National Drilling Company (NDC) - offshore and onshore drilling
- ESNAAD - production and marketing of mud chemicals, material handling services, waste management, chemical blending and manufacture(www.esnaad.com)
- Abu Dhabi Petroleum Ports Operating Company (IRSHAD) - operations of oil exporting ports such as Ruwais and Jebel Dhanna
- Oil and gas processing:
- Abu Dhabi Gas Industries Limited (GASCO) - production and operation of liquefied gas products
- Abu Dhabi Gas Liquefaction Company Ltd. (ADGAS) - processing, marketing and distribution of liquefied petroleum gas and liquefied natural gas
- Abu Dhabi Gas Development Company Ltd. (Al Hosn Gas) - development of sour gas reservoirs located in Shah field
- Abu Dhabi Oil Refining Company (TAKREER) - refining of crude oil, production of chlorine and related chemicals, sulphur granulation
- Chemicals and petrochemicals:
- Ruwais Fertilizer Industry (FERTIL) - production and marketing of urea and ammonia in the Ruwais plant
- Abu Dhabi Polymers Company Ltd. (Borouge) - processing and production of ethylene and polyethylene
- ADNOC Linde Industrial Gases Company Ltd. (ELIXIER) - supply of industrial gases for oil, gas and petrochemical companies
- Maritime transportation:
- Abu Dhabi National Tanker Company (ADNATCO) - transportation of crude oil and refined products
- National Gas Shipping Company (NGSCO) - shipments of liquefied gas products from Das Island
- Refined products distribution:
- ADNOC distribution - distribution, storage and transport of refined products
Supreme Petroleum Council
Through its subsidiaries the company operates several airports. The Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations operates Buhasa Airport and Jebel Dhana Airport. The Zakum Development Company operates Arzanah Airport, Qarnayn Airport and Zirku Airport. The Abu Dhabi Marine Operating Company operates Das Island Airport.