|Traded as||LSE: AFN|
ADVFN (LSE: AFN) is a financial market website. It provides online data and services to private investors such as stock quotes, charts, news, FOREX, Futures & Options and stock screeners. The site currently covers in excess of 70 stock exchanges from across the globe. It is known for its active bulletin boards (internet forums).
ADVFN was established in the last quarter of 1999 and floated on AIM in March 2000. It now has over 2,000,000 registered users. In February 2006, ADVFN bought Equity Holdings Limited - the owner of research brand Equity Development.
In September 2006, ADVFN acquired InvestorsHub.com - an online investment community website in the North American market. In recent years, ADVFN has expanded from the UK to Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico and USA with geo- and language-targeted financial sites in these territories.
In February, 2011, ADVFN launched Level 2 Montage - a system combining four Level 2 order books trading simultaneously. It includes the order books of Chi-X Global, Turquoise and PLUS as well as the London Stock Exchange.
- "ADVFN PLC, AFN:LSE summary - FT.com". Markets.ft.com. 2013-09-19. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- "It's not smart to try and predict dollar's future". GulfNews.com. 2011-08-27. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- "Best stock screening products". Investors Chronicle. 2008-06-16. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- "ADVFN Reviews". Trade2win.com. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- "Bulletin board posters sued for defamation". Telegraph. 2008-01-13. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- "From Dotcom Survivor To Facebook Of Finance? Clem Chambers Discusses ADVFN's Future In Social Investing Online | Edward Croft". Stockopedia.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- [dead link]
- "ADVFN Share Price - AFN Share Price Quotes, Charts, RNS & Stock Market News". Stockopedia.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- "ADVFN PLC AFN New Product Announcement". Bloomberg. 2011-02-22. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- Johnson, Miles (2010-08-09). "Online chatroom rumours under scrutiny". FT.com. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- O'Brien, Rosalba. "Special Report: The stock, the Web, the CEO and his lawyers". Reuters. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- [dead link]