European Students’ Forum
|Founded||Yerevan, Armenia 2010|
|Staff||7 (Local Board)|
AEGEE (Association des États Généraux des Étudiants de l'Europe) is one of the largest student organizations in Europe. The organization was founded in Paris in 1985 with headquarters in Brussels, capital of the Kingdom of Belgium. Now, AEGEE has branches in 240 cities in 42 countries. The ideology of AEGEE is the creation of a united Europe without borders. Encouraging mobility and international cooperation, AEGEE’s task is to bypass national boundaries, cultural and ethnic groups. During its 25 years of history, AEGEE has acquired an advisory role within the Council of Europe, the United Nations, of UNESCO and become a full member of European Youth Forum.
Founded in 2010 AEGEE-Yerevan (Armenian: AEGEE-Երևան) has 70 active members, who have different views and professions. Members participate in various international and local projects and also organize local, regional and European events. The main objective of the foundation of AEGEE-Yerevan is to activate the role of Armenia among the European youth, inform young Armenian educational and non-formal projects and give them the opportunity to get to know different cultures, and to observe the best in Europe and apply it in Armenia.
Since its foundation, AEGEE-Yerevan has had working groups, which have become committees after structural changes. Now, working groups will be created in the organization of events to control the related work. The heads of the committees are members of the local council who are elected for a term of one year. There are four standing committees in the AEGEE-Yerevan with the whole organization governed by the local council which is composed of:
- Heads of Committees
- The President
- The President organizes and conducts meetings of the Local Council. He / she coordinates the activities under the organization and controls the work of all members of the Local Council.
- The Secretary
- The secretary controls the registration of members, informs regularly the members of the organization about activities and local council meetings by electronic means, and he / she forms the minutes of meetings of the Local Council and local agora.
- The Treasurer
- The treasurer is responsible for financial management. He / she composes financial reports regularly and informs the local council about the work done.
External Relations Committee
- Head: Armine Muradyan
- The duty of the commission is to ensure communication with international partners, to provide members of the organization with information on various projects and events taking place in the world. Members of the commission establish business relationships with other AEGEE antennas and are responsible for all international projects of the organization. They do everything to expand and strengthen the cooperation. The Committee is also responsible for the study of a grant program of the European Commission "Youth in Action" and the participation of the latter.
Public Relations Committee
- Head: Haykuhi Tangyan
- The obligations of the Commission are to inform the media about the events of AEGEE-Yerevan, to take care of updating the website and blog, to spread the news of the organization through social networks and to conduct negotiations with potential sponsors and, finally, to inform the public about the organization and its activities.
Human Resources Committee
- Head: Adrine Aghabekyan
- The general obligation of the commission is to strengthen and develop human resources of AEGEE-Yerevan. This commission ensures the personal development of members through various courses and seminars. In addition, the committee helps members find their place in the organization.
Local Activities Committee
- Head: Anushik Proshyan
- The commission is responsible for missions, objectives and the development of strategies of the organization, collecting ideas and suggestions for events, organizing and controlling them. This committee provides an opportunity for members and non members to participate in AEGEE intercultural and socialevents, seminars, courses of study, conferences and information days. It also helps the sub-committees to carry out their projects.
Local Training Course
LTC :These mysterious letters are known almost for all AEGEEans around Europe and they stand for Local Training Course. Its aim is to present AEGEE ideas and activities to the new, rookie members and provide them with all basic info needed to work within AEGEE. It is also one of the best ways to get active at the local level, as well as to promote European level activities and engagement of young people in such type of projects. The LTC is designed for locals that want to train and motivate their members. AEGEE-Yerevan organized and successfully completed the first training course in 2011 for which more than 30 people applied to participate. Then they participated in courses organized by AEGEE Europe daily. During the course, members have acquired new knowledge on the development, implementation and evaluation of the results of social programs. During the closing ceremony, all those who participated in the event received a participation certificate.
2013: On 8th June, 2013 AEGEE-Yerevan held Local Training Course which aimed to present AEGEE and its activities to newcomers and young people who were interested in our activities. Over 40 enthusiastic participants not only discovered the world of AEGEE, but also got to know each other through team building activities, as well as energizers. Also with the help of “What is Europe?” simulation game the participants managed to explain the idea of Europe to their overcurious Peruvian travel-mate. After the LTC new members interested in the biggest and most active organization joind AEGEE-Yerevan family.aegeeyerevan.am/en/local-training-course-2013 2014 : ON the 15th of February, 2014, AEGEE-Yerevan organized the Local Training course : LEAD, TRAIN, CREATE. More than 50 young and curious students attended the training course. It was a great opportunity for the participants to discover the world of AEGEE with the help of experienced AEGEEANS Armenak Minasyants and Sali Ebanoidze , as well as to know its history, goals and activities, to meet AEGEE-Yerevan family. Then, together with the trainer Pavel Vassiljev (Estonia) they discussed what is leadership and who are the real leaders and how to lead and create ...
Youth unEmployment Action Day
- The eventwas attended by 150 people instead of the 80 recorded. Participants were presented with the methods of preparation of CV and rules of applying for a job. Employees of the project ERASMUS, the Centre for vocational guidance and other exchange projects also made a report.
- The event was also successfully held in Sofia, in Tirana, in Gdansk, in Istanbul, in Moscow, in Barcelona, in Lublin, in Tbilisi, in Skopje, in Riga and in Izmir.
EU Awareness Action Day
- A day of awareness of the European Union was organized with the International Politics Working Group of AEGEE-Europe, which involved 50 participants selected beforehand as well as 30 members of AEGEE-Yerevan. During the event, the history and development, the functions of the general activity of the institutions of the European Union, were presented, as well as cultural opportunities, economic and educational data from the European Union to countries that are not members of the European Union and countries which are in Eastern Partnership. At the end, members were divided into four groups where each group presented the advantages and disadvantages of being a member of the European Union.
Higher Education Days
- Many students from various universities of Armenia were present at the event, and guests from the Ministry of Education and Science, Office of Tempus, the Association of Adult Continuing Education, the Association ARMACAD, the union of entrepreneurs of Armenia, the Erasmus Mundus Alumni Association and other guests also attended the event. There were discussions about various issues, like the education system in Europe, the quality and the system of higher education. All subjects were current and interesting for Armenianstudents. We also talked about the labor market and the part that the students take in it.
- 20 young people from 15 European countries visited Armenia during the project. Participants were in Armenia for the first time and were very impressed. They visited some historical and cultural sites in the country. They got to know the history, architecture, national cuisine, Armenian national songs and dances.
- The intercultural summer University has been organized in over 20 countries in Europe and now in Armenia as well.
Anyone aged between 18 and 35 can become a member of AEGEE Yerevan, regardless of education and occupation. AEGEE creates great opportunities for its members, such as gaining work experience, participating in various events, obtaining additional knowledge. In order to become a member simply fill out a form on the Internet, following which Human Resources Committee will provide a candidate with further information.
- September 2010
- Election of local board of AEGEE-Yerevan.
- October 2010
- Involvement of AEGEE-Yerevan in the fall agora, during which it was officially registered as an antenna.
- November 2010
- Official opening ceremony.
- December 2010
- Successful organization of the first local training by AEGEE-Yerevan.
- January 2011
- Organizing a day against youth unemployment, the biggest event organized by AEGEE-Yerevan. Over 150 young people participated in this event.
- February 2011
- Organizing a day of awareness of the European Union in which the book "Hello Europe" was launched.
- March 2011
- AEGEE-Yerevan with other non-governmental youth organizations organized a campaign against racism in Yerevan.
- April 2011
- One of the members of AEGEE-Yerevan became the editor of the newsletter of international politics.
- 5 members participated in courses organized by AEGEE-Tbilisi "Youth for Peace" which were also attended by members of AEGEE-Trabzon and AEGEE-Baku.
- May 2011
- Organization of the days of higher education, which caused a great resonance in the press.
- Associations organized fairs, job fairs where AEGEE-Yerevan also participated.
- July 2011
- One of the members of AEGEE-Yerevan became the general secretary of International Politics Working Group of AEGEE-Europe.
- The first Summer university was held in Armenia and it happened to be the first international project of AEGEE-Yerevan.
- One of the members of AEGEE-Yerevan becomes subcommie for antennas Caucasus.
- September 2011
- The first anniversary of the founding of AEGEE-Yerevan was celebrated.
- AEGEE-Yerevan was received by the President of Armenia among 20 NGOs for the twentieth anniversary of the independence of Armenia.
- One of the members of AEGEE-Yerevan became a member of Human Resources of AEGEE-Europe.
- AEGEE-Yerevan becomes the antenna of the month of AEGEE-Europe.
- October 2011
- AEGEE-Yerevan organized the event "Model of the European Union" in Armenia for the first time.
- One member of AEGEE-Yerevan became the spokesman for the International Politics Working Group of AEGEE-Europe.
- November 2011
- For the first time in Yerevan, we organize the day of culture.
- For the second time, AEGEE Yerevan organizes training courses locally.
- December 2011
- 6 members have participated in a voluntary project that took place in Las Palmas.
- For the first time AEGEE-Yerevan participated in the meeting of the Network.
- February 2012
- Long term partnership agreement with the Slavonic University.
- Students of Yerevan State University learnt about the opportunities to participate in the International Educational Program "Erasmus Mundus".
- April 2012
- AEGEE-Yerevan organized "Rio+20+Yerevan" conference, which was dedicated to sustainable development.
10 November 2012 AEGEE-Yerevan and the EU Delegation to Armenia launched the “Armenia Model EU conference 2012”
December 17, 2012
The Office of AEGEE-Yerevan in partnership with the Centre forltc (3) European Studies of YSU and “Armenia in Europe” Student Pan-Armenian Youth Movement initiated a new interactive youth project Youth Participation in Elections: From Eastern Partnership Countries to International Experience.
AEGEE-Yerevan held Local Training Course
AEGEE-Yerevan team organized an incredible and unforgettable summer in Armenia : Summer University ' Let's Get High'
Presidents of AEGEE-Yerevan so far
Ani Khachatryan January 2013 - December 2013 Sona YeghiazaryanJanuary 2014
|Name||Period In office|
|Shushan Khachatryan||August 2010 - December 2011|
|Armenak Minasyants||January 2012 - December 2012|
- Association des États Généraux des Étudiants de l'Europe
- Les Anciens d'AEGEE-Europe
- One Europe Magazine
- Summer Universities
- About AEGEE
- AEGEE-Yerevan was officially opened. - Cooperation for Development's Blog
- Office of AEGEE-Yerevan opens in Yerevan - PanARMENIAN.Net
- AEGEE-Yerevan Opening Ceremony - ARMACAD - Armenian Association for Academic Partnership and Support
- AEGEE-Yerevan to open soon - A1 Plus
- Board of AEGEE-Yerevan
- AEGEE-Yerevan: around 22,000 young people cannot find job in Armenia - PanARMENIAN.Net
- Announcement: Training on Youth Unemployment - Cooperation for Development's Blog
- Higher Education Days in Armenia - Blog of AEGEE-Yerevan
- Summer University is over - Blog of AEGEE-Yerevan
- Youth un_Employment Action Day - Human Rights in Armenia
- Yerevan to join European cities in struggle against racism - PanARMENIAN.Net
- City of Rocks, City that Rocks!!!
- The first Summer University is behind - Blog of AEGEE-Yerevan
- Club 54 hosted Participants of AEGEE-Yerevan’s Summer University - Armenian Progressive Youth
- Happy Birthday AEGEE-Yerevan
- Something you didn't know about AEGEE-Yerevan - The AEGEEan - AEGEE's online magazine
- Model European Union 2011
- Model European Union 2011 held in Yerevan - Armtown.com
- Cultural Action Day in Yerevan
- AEGEEans celebrate Cultural Action Days
- Amazing Culture Action Day with AEGEE-Yerevan - AEGEE's Cultural Working Group
- AEGEE-Yerevan hosted LTC for the second time
- Preserving Our Future
- The first NWM for AEGEE-Yerevan - Blog of AEGEE-Yerevan
- RAU became a partner of European Students’ Forum (AEGEE) - Russian-Armenian (Slavonic) University
- Opportunity to study in Europe - Yerevan State University
- "Rio+20+Yerevan" conference launches in Russian-Armenian University - PanARMENIAN Photo
- Rio+20+Yerevan: Sustainable Development – Workshop in Yerevan - Armenian Scientific Cooperation