South East Queensland AFL
The South East Queensland AFL (formerly AFLQ State Association, formerly AFL South Queensland) is an Australian Rules Football association which includes clubs from South East Queensland. Unlike the NEAFL, the State Association is almost entirely amateur competitions.
- 1 History
- 2 Representative Sides
- 3 Current Clubs
- 4 Former AFL South Queensland Divisions
- 5 See also
- 6 References
- 7 External links
The competition started in 1970 for developing players for the QAFL. Most of the players were amateurs.
BAFL Div 1
BAFL Div 2
Pineapple Hotel Cup
AFL South Queensland commenced in 2000 as a name change for the Brisbane Australian Football League.
In 2006, AFL South Queensland was taken under the umbrella of AFL Queensland and rebranded as the Queensland State Association.
In 2012 it was renamed South East Queensland AFL, but still remained under the AFLQ administration.
Representative sides for AFLQ include:
- Bushrangers – representing the entire South East Queensland region Official Site
- Gold Coast Stingrays – representing the Gold Coast region
- Suncoast Power – representing the Sunshine Coast region Official Site
- Western Taipans – representing the western regions, including the cities of Ipswich and Toowoomba. Official Site
- Northern Raiders – representing the Northern Suburbs of Brisbane and Bribie Island. Official Site
Division One Pineapple Hotel Cup 2012
Division 4 Central
|Collingwood Park Power||Redbank Plains||Official Site|
|Pine Rivers Swans||Strathpine||Official Site|
Division 4 Northern
|Glasshouse Hinterland Lions||Glasshouse Mountains||Official Site|
Division 4 South/Northern Rivers
|Bond University Bullsharks||Robina|
|Byron Bay||Byron Bay||Official Site|
|Carrara Saints||Carrara||Official Site|
|Lismore Swans||Lismore||Official Site|
|Tweed Coast||Cabarita||Official Site|
Defunct / Hiatus Clubs
|Bribie Island Bulldogs||Bribie Island|
|Murri Mavericks||Murri, Kedron||Official Site|
Former AFL South Queensland Divisions
2003 Bundaberg-Wide Bay Hinterland Division
All four AFL Bundaberg-Wide Bay Clubs from 2002, Hervey Bay Bombers, Across the Waves Bundaberg Eagles, Brothers Bulldogs and Maryborough Bears were joined by teams further south, Gympie Cats, Pomona Demons, Glasshouse and Bribie Island to play one season against each other before reverting to their various regional leagues in 2004 once again.
- Elimination Final - Maryborough 13.8-86 defeated Glasshouse 10.7-67
- Qualifying Final - Across the Waves 13.12-90 defeated Bribie Island 11.11-77
- First Semi Final - Maryborough 15.14-104 defeated Bribie Island 12.6-78
- Second Semi Final - Hervey Bay 18.15-123 defeated Across the Waves 9.7-61
- Preliminary Final - Across the Waves 14.15-99 defeated Maryborough 4.10-34
- GRAND FINAL - Hervey Bay 8.8-56 defeated Across the Waves 6.17-53
- Sunday Mail (Brisbane, Queensland).