AFP Western Mindanao Command
|Western Mindanao Command|
|Active||August 29, 2006 - Present|
|Role||Conventional and Unconventional Warfare, Anti-Guerrilla Operations|
|Part of||Under the Armed Forces of the Philippines|
|Garrison/HQ||Camp General Navarro, Zamboanga City|
|Engagements||Anti-guerilla operations against the NPA , MILF, ASG, and local criminal elements|
|LGen Raymundo Ferrer, PA|
|LGen Nelson Allaga AFP, LGen Eugenio Cedo AFP|
|Unit Patch||Western Mindanao Command Emblem|
The Western Mindanao Command, known officially as the WestMinCom, is one the Armed Forces of the Philippines' Wide Support Commands Combating Terrorism and Insurgency in Mindanao.
The following are the units that are under the Western Mindanao Command.
- 1st Infantry (TABAK) Division, PA
- 2nd Scout Ranger Battalion, PA
- 1st Light Reaction Battalion, PA
- Naval Forces Western Mindanao, PN
- 3RD Air Division, PAF
- Anti-guerrilla operations against the New People's Army * Anti-terrorist operations against the Abu Sayyaf operating in their AOR.
- LGen Nelson Allaga was the former commandant of the Philippine Marine Corps.
- LGen Raymundo Ferrer was the Martial Law Chief in Maguindanao after the massacre last Nov. 23, 2009.
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (April 2009)|
- Official Site of the AFP
- AFP GO# 1035 Section II
- Philippine Army: The First 100 Years
- Military Science 21 ROTC Manual, NCR RCDG, ARESCOM