International Association of Arabic Dialectology (AIDA)
AIDA (fr. Association Internationale de Dialectologie Arabe) – International Association of Arabic Dialectology – is an association of researchers in Arabic dialects, from all over the world.
AIDA is nowadays the leading international association in this field of research and it has become a center that joins scholars from all over the world who are interested in any aspect of Arabic dialectology, including dialects which have not been described yet, dialectal geography, specific aspects of phonology, morphology and syntax, code-switching, koiné language, pidgin, creole, the lexicon of Arabic dialects, dialectal atlases, comparative and diachronic studies, sociolinguistics, teaching of Arabic dialects, and so on.
- 10th AIDA Conference – Doha 2013
- 9th AIDA Conference – Pescara 2011
- 8th AIDA Conference – Colchester 2008
- 7th AIDA Conference – Vienna 2006
- 6th AIDA Conference – Hammamet 2004
- 5th AIDA Conference – Cádiz 2002
- 4th AIDA Conference – Marrakech 2000
- 3rd AIDA Conference – Malta 1998
- 2nd AIDA Conference – Cambridge 1995
- 1st AIDA Conference – Paris 1993
- 11th AIDA Conference – Bucharest 2015
First executive board (1993)
- Dominique Caubet (France) – president
- Bruce Ingham (Great Britain) – vice-president
- Manwel Mifsud (Malta) – secretary
- Peter Behnstedt (Germany) – vice-secretary
- Martine Vanhove (France) – treasurer
Current executive board
- President: Stephan Procházka (Vienna)
- Vice-president: Karima Ziamari (Fes)
- General secretary: Rudolf de Jong (Cairo)
- Treasurer: Ángeles Vicente (Zaragoza)
- "AIDA - Association Internationale de Dialectologie Arabe". aida.or.at. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "Arabic Dialectology". mohamedrabeea.com. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "George Grigore. 2014. A Bibliography of Association Internation". academia.edu. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "AIDA - Association Internationale de Dialectologie Arabe ...". independent.academia.edu. Retrieved 28 March 2014.