AIDAmar at Meyer Werft
|Owner:||Costa Crociere S.p.A.|
|Port of registry:||Genoa, Italy|
|Laid down:||20 October 2008|
|Launched:||1 April 2012|
|Completed:||3 May 2012|
|Identification:||Call sign: ICSJ
IMO number: 9490052
MMSI number: 247312900
|Status:||Completed at Meyer Werft|
|General characteristics |
|Class and type:||Sphinx-class cruise ship|
|Length:||253.22 m (830.77 ft)|
|Beam:||32.2 m (105.64 ft)|
|Draught:||7.3 m (23.95 ft)|
|Installed power:||36,000 kW (combined)|
|Propulsion:||Diesel-electric; two shafts (2 × 12,500 kW)
Two bow thrusters
Two stern thrusters
|Speed:||21 knots (39 km/h; 24 mph)|
AIDAmar is a Sphinx class cruise ship, built at Meyer Werft for AIDA Cruises. She is the sixth Sphinx series ship, preceded by sisters AIDAdiva, AIDAbella, AIDAluna, AIDAblu, AIDAsol and followed by AIDAstella. AIDAmar was delivered to the shipping company by Meyer Werft on 3 May 2012.
Concept and Construction
On 1 April 2012 AIDAmar will be floated to Meyer Werft in Papenburg. Fifth in a series of six ships ordered by the German company AIDA Cruises, the ship measuring 252 meters long and 32.2 meters wide. Displaying a gauge 71,300 tons, it has 1,096 cabins. Facilities included are an additional deck, an onboard brewery and a 2,300-m spa facility. The AIDAmar is a sistership of AIDAblu and AIDAsol, delivered in 2010 and 2011 respectively. These ships are slightly larger than the first three series units, the AIDAdiva, AIDAbella and AIDAluna (68,500 tons, 1,025 cabins), completed in 2007, 2008 and 2009 by Meyer Werft. After leaving the hall building covered in Papenburg, the AIDAmar must go down the river Ems in mid-April to reach the North Sea and to conduct its tests before it is delivered in May. The last ship of the class Sphinx, the AIDAstella, must be delivered by Meyer Werft in late 2013.
- "Aidamar (114576)". Register online. Germanischer Lloyd. http://app.gl-group.com/register/index.jsp?STyp=204&RegNo=114576. Retrieved 2013-05-11.
- AIDAmar. Meyer Werft. Retrieved on 2013-05-11.
- M/S AIDAmar, Fakta om fartyg (Swedish)
- CARNIVAL CORPORATION & PLC ORDERS TWO NEW 71,000-TON CRUISE SHIPS FOR AIDA CRUISES BRAND; INCREASES CAPACITY OF A PREVIOUSLY ORDERED VESSEL (PDF). Meyerwerft website. 13 December 2007. Retrieved 9 May 2010
- http://www.meretmarine.com/article.cfm?id=119187. Retrieved 28 March 2012
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to AIDAmar.|