|Origin||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Labels||Lovepump United, Skin Graft Records, Blood of the Drash, Pasalymany Tapes, Kitty Play Records|
|Associated acts||Hamborghinni, Drainolith|
|Past members||Yannick Desranleau (Hiroshima Thunder)
Chloe Lum (Special Deluxe)
Chris Taylor (Barbarian Destroyer)
André Guérette (Him, the Maji)
AIDS Wolf were a Canadian noise rock band, who debuted on Pasalymany tapes but moved to Skin Graft Records and Lovepump United. The band received critical attention for their albums The Lovvers LP and Cities of Glass.
"We didn’t come up with AIDS Wolf as a concept. The idea has been floating around in the public psyche for a while. In urban legend, wolves transmit AIDS instead of rabies; in depressing college towns, street gangs spray-paint ‘AIDS Wolf’ on the side of buildings."
The band has given other answers to similar questions, however:
"My partner and I were on a road trip in Ohio, and it just came to us. It was a universal message. It's a combination of our spirit peers in An Albatross (animal) and The Sick Lipstick (R.I.P.) (illness). It fits, because we're a little bit no–wave and a little bit hardcore, like each of those bands. It's also a message that we as humans must take care for our animal siblings as their health is a barometer of our own survival."
- Freedom Summer cassette (2005) Pasalymany Tapes
- Live Deth 3" CDR (2005) co-released by the band and Kitty Play Records
- AIDS Wolf/The Fugue 7" split (2005) Blood of the Drash Records
- The Lovvers LP LP/CD (2006) Skin Graft Records (vinyl format) & Lovepump United Records (cd format)
- AIDS Wolf/Dmonstrations/Pre/Crack und Ultra Eczema 2 x 7" 4-way split (LPU 7" Series vol. 1) (2006) Lovepump United Records
- Clash of the Life-Force Warriors AIDS Wolf vs. Athletic Automaton collaborative LP/CD (2007) Skin Graft Records
- Live Dates AIDS Wolf/Pre 7" split (2007) Skin Graft Records
- Chipped Teeth 7" EP (2008) SlowBoy Records
- AIDS Wolf/Night Wounds 12" EP split (2008) Nail In The Coffin Records
- Cities of Glass LP/CD (2008) Skin Graft Records (cd format) Lovepump United Records (vinyl format)
- Pas Rapport cassette (2009) released by the band
- Dustin' Off The Sphynx EP/CD (2009) Skin Graft Records
- AIDS Wolf/Satanized 7" split (2010) Badmaster Records & Suicide Tax Records
- Very Friendly remix 12" EP (2010) Lovepump United Records
- March to the Sea LP/CD (2010) Skin Graft Records
- An Insane and Abstract Hell (Dedicated To Two Dudes From Rusted Shut) 3 x cassette (2011) Zum
- Soaked in Oil 7" EP (2011) We Are Busy Bodies
- Ma vie banale avant-garde LP (2011) Lovepump United Records
- Lepage, Mark (February 11, 2010). "In the groove of maturity: Montreal's music scene has moved past its indie-heaven days of the mid-'00s to a better-produced one with a varied strata of acts and venues for all of them", The Gazette, p. C1.
- Adams, Gregory (November 19, 2008). "AIDS Wolf makes sick sounds", The Georgia Straight. Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- Dunlevy, T'Cha (September 13, 2008). "AIDS Wolf: Cities of Glass", The Gazette, p. E11.
- (December 13, 2005). "AIDS Wolf Debuting With The Lovver LP", ChartAttack. Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- Wallen, Doug (March 19, 2009). "Chloe Lum of AIDS Wolf Is Sick. No, Really", OC Weekly. Retrieved June 21, 2013.
- AIDS Wolf: On the End Of An Era
- Adams, Gregory (March 21, 2012). "AIDS Wolf Call It Quits", Exclaim!. Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- AIDS Wolf website
- AIDS Wolf on Myspace
- Skingraft Records
- Lovepump United Records
- Interview with AIDS Wolf on Jekyll and Hyde. By Oren Siegel and Oded Fluss, Israel