AIM For Seva
AIM (All India Movement) For Seva is a service organization in India, started by Swami Dayananda Saraswati with a primary focus on the area of rural education and health. It is a non-governmental organization (NGO) in special consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council. The organization builds Chatralayas (student homes) to provide a living environment for disadvantaged children. One of the goals of the organization is to build a student home in every rural district in India. It has also expanded its scope of aid through the opening of schools, and free health centers.
Vision and Mission
To transform society through a network of seva, of caring, to help each child to contribute to the progress of the nation. To reach education to every child across the nation through the concept of a Free Student Home.
Free Student Homes (Chatralayas): The core initiative of AIM for Seva, the free student home concept is a means to create an educational and homely environment for children to live, learn, and grow. Children are provided with a home environment, nutrition, hygienic premises, extracurricular activities, and caretakers to focus on their needs. Education regarding healthy living and ‘eco-learning’ or understanding how to be environmentally aware are also aspects of the experience. Many student homes are located near other academic institutions, primary, secondary, and higher education to ensure that students can access to continuing studies.
Other initiatives include Art for Development, renewable energy , theatre for development and distance learning
FSH in the following states : Andra Pradesh, Gujurat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Orissa, Puducherry, Rajasthan, Tamilnadu, Uttar Pradesh 
- Official website
- AIM for Seva Home brings the best out of these students, The Hindu
- ‘Nayani’ Dazzles at AIM for Seva Fundraiser, IndiaWest
- All India Movement for Seva , Georgetown University
- Speakers Dayananda Saraswati: Vedantic teacher, TED Talks
- Youthful Testimonials at Program at UH Give Impact of AIM for Seva’s Mission, Indo American News
- All India Movement for Seva projects elicit overwhelming response, India Herald
- Dr. Abdul Kalam to address this year’s AIM for Seva Gala, WebMalayalee
|This article relating to education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|