Adams Kara Taylor was founded in 1996 by Hanif Kara, Albert Williamson-Taylor and Robin Adams. AKT has supported projects which to date have won more than 250 design awards including the Stirling Prize 2000 for Peckham Library and 2012 for the Sainsbury Laboratory, RIBA Manser Medal 2010 for Hunsett Mill, and the RIBA Lubetkin Prize 2010 for the UK Pavilion, Shanghai Expo. The practice has also collaborated with Harvard Graduate School of Design, Architectural Association, KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm and also industry institutions such a CABE, BCO, and the Architecture Foundation. In 2011, with the addition of two new Principals, the practice was renamed AKT II.
Since its inception AKT II has contributed to projects in China, Singapore, Abu Dhabi, Ghana, Turkey, Egypt, India and many other countries all over the world, with architects such as Allford Hall Monaghan Morris, David Chipperfield, Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios, Foreign Office Architects, Foster + Partners, Machado and Silvetti Associates, Thomas Heatherwick and Zaha Hadid. AKT designed the UK pavilion at Expo 2010 with Heatherwick Studio and Phaeno Science Center with Zaha Hadid Architects which was awarded the 2006 Institution of Structural Engineers' Structural Awards for Arts, Leisure and Entertainment Structures.
Design Engineering (Actar 2008) - This publication explores the first ten years of Adams Kara Taylor’s existence, becoming one of the most innovative engineering firms working today.
- (TBC) Zayed National Museum, Abu Dhabi, UAE. Architect: Foster + Partners
- (TBC) King's Cross Central, London, UK. Various architects
- 2013: Heydar Aliyev Cultural Center, Baku, Azerbaijan. Architect: Zaha Hadid Architects
- 2012 Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum, East Lansing, MI, USA. Architect: Zaha Hadid Architects
- 2012: Subrata Roy Sahara Stadium, Pune, India. Architect: Hopkins Architects
- 2011 Sainsbury Laboratory, Cambridge, UK. Architect: Stanton Williams
- 2010 UK pavilion at Expo 2010, Shanghai, China. Architect: Thomas Heatherwick
- 2010 Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Abu Dhabi, UAE. Architect: Foster + Partners
- 2010 Ravensbourne College, Greenwich, UK. Architect: Foreign Office Architects
- 2009 Hunsett Mill, Norfolk, UK. Architect: ACME
- 2008 Highcross Quarter, Leicester, UK. Architect: Foreign Office Architects
- 2007 East Beach Café, Littlehampton, UK. Architect: Heatherwick Studio
- 2005 Phaeno Science Centre, Wolfsburg, Germany. Architect: Zaha Hadid Architects
- 2005 Blizard Building, London, UK. Architect: Alsop Architects
- 2004 Cadogan Hall, London, UK. Architect: Paul Davis & Partners
- 1999 Peckham Library, London, UK. Architect: Alsop & Störmer
- Administrator. "Stirling Prize, Winner, Architecture, UK, Stirling Prize Shortlist, Buildings, Award Winner". E-architect.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-05-28.
- "RIBA Manser Medal 2010". Architecture.com. Retrieved 2011-05-28.
- "UK Pavilion at World Expo 2010 in Shanghai wins RIBA Lubetkin Prize". Architecture.com. 2010-06-29. Retrieved 2011-05-28.
- Sweden (2009-04-24). "KTH | Utbildning arkiv" (in (Swedish)). SE-AB: Kth.se. Retrieved 2011-05-28.
- "Structural Awards 2008". IStructE. Retrieved 2011-05-28.
- Reas, Casey. "Design Engineering: Adams Kara Taylor (9788496540668): Hanif Kara, Michael Kubo: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2011-05-28.