The set is a ground mobile, two course, VHF aural Radio Range with station identification, periodic sector identification and simultaneous voice transmission. it is a crystal controlled set and operates in the frequency range of 100 to 156 Mc. for use in guiding aircraft equipped with VHF radio receivers, such as SCR-522, to a landing field, or for use along ferry routes. effective range is 100 Miles.
The AN/MRN-2 is mounted on a k-53 truck, and consists of the following.
- AM-11/CRN-5 amplifier
- AT-7 antenna (5) (and AB-1 antenna Base)
- TS-22/URN monitor
- CU-3/CRN-5 Phaser (effect)
- C-49/CRN-5 power control unit
- PU-3 generator (2 kVA)
- T-10/CRN-5 Transmitter
- MD-3/CRN-5 Rectifier Modulator
- The AN/CRN-5 was the Air Transportable version housed in a tent.
See also 
- Signal Corps Radio
- List of U.S. Signal Corps vehicles
- List of U.S. military vehicles by supply catalog designation
- Radio navigation
- List of military electronics of the United States
- TM 11-227 Signal Communication Directory. dated 10 April 1944
- TM 11-487 Electrical Communication systems Equipment. dated 2 October 1944
- Graphic Survey of Radio and Radar Equipment Used by the Army Airforce. section 3 Radio Navigation Equipment Dated May 1945