|Industry||CNC grinding machines|
|Headquarters||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|Key people||Pat Boland, Founder
Pat McCluskey, Founder
Grant Anderson, CEO
ANCA Pty Ltd (formerly Australian Numerical Control and Automation Pty Ltd) is an Australia company which designs and manufactures computer numerical controlled grinding machines. The company was founded in 1974 by Pat Boland and Pat McCluskey in Melbourne, Australia.
ANCA has its headquarters and main manufacturing plant in Melbourne where it employs about 400 people (2012). Since 2006 two additional plants have been opened in Thailand and Taiwan. The company is export-oriented and has expanded its operations by opening sales offices in nine other countries (2006 data) throughout America, Europe and Asia. In 2006 it won three Governor of Victoria Export Awards, and was reported to be a leader in its field of high-end precision grinders that are used in many industries including aeronautics and automotive production.
The company produces a range of computer numerical control (CNC) tool and cutter grinders to meet large-scale manufacturing and entry-level production requirements. The company also produces medical and dental drills.
ANCA has exported approximately 4000 machines, and was named Australian Exporter of the Year in 1999. The company is also the world’s leading manufacturer of CNC Tool and Cutter Grinders. Its new subsidiary, ANCA Motion, is supplying computer controls to other Australian manufacturers and exporting to China and Taiwan.
Products and services
ANCA designs and manufactures its own machines. Machines produced include:
- CNC grinding machines
- CNC tool and cutting machines
- CNC sharpening machines
- CNC tap manufacturing machines
- CNC specialist stick-blade grinding machines
As well as designing complete machines, the 120+ engineers located at ANCA in Melbourne also write all the machine software programs, plus all the programs for the CNC systems.
ANCA CNC machines are commonly used for the following applications:
- Company profile
- Rennie R (22 December 2006). "Daily grind pays off for Melbourne company". The Age. Retrieved 8 June 2010.
- "Powercor AGSE Entrepreneur Hall of Fame and Annual Richard Pratt Entrepreneur Oration". The Australian Graduate School of Entrepreneurship, Swinbourne University of Technology. 2009. Retrieved 24 June 2010.
- "ANCA website". ANCA. Archived from the original on 29 May 2010. Retrieved 23 June 2010./
- VIC Business. "ANCA Pty Ltd". VIC Government. Retrieved 21 June 2010.