ARCA Sim Racing '08
|ARCA Sim Racing '08|
|Developer(s)||The Sim Factory|
|Designer(s)||The Sim Factory|
|Distribution||digital download, DVD|
ARCA Sim Racing is a stock-car racing simulator developed by The Sim Factory LLC, a small American-based computer software company devoted to the production of racing simulation software. The game simulates the 2008 ARCA RE/MAX season.
ARCA Sim Racing is based on Image Space Incorporated's game engine, ISIMotor2, which was used in rFactor. In August 2006, The Sim Factory purchased the rights to use the ISIMotor2 engine in their software, and with the help of ISI, The Sim Factory was able to recode the engine to produce a realistic stock car simulation.
The game is produced by a very small company consisting of about 10 devoted developers. The software was released for pre-ordering on January 1, 2008. The game originally included 10 (now 23) tracks that were scratch built to replicate the real life tracks.
Included tracks at release
- Daytona International Speedway
- Talladega Superspeedway
- Pocono Raceway
- Kansas Speedway
- Nashville Superspeedway
- Iowa Speedway
- Milwaukee Mile
- USA International Speedway
- Salem Speedway
- DuQuoin Speedway (DuQuoin State Fairgrounds Racetrack)
- Rockingham Speedway
- Michigan International Speedway
- Daytona Road Course (Infield Road Course)
- Kentucky Speedway
- Toledo Speedway
- Illinois State Fargrounds - Springfield
- Cayuga Speedway
- New Jersey Motorsports Park
- Berlin Raceway
- Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
- Concord International Speedway, a recreation of Charlotte Motor Speedway
- Fort Worth Speedway, a recreation of Texas Motor Speedway
- Chicagoland Speedway
Additional League Links supporting ARCA Sim Racing
- www.ASRseries.com/main - The ARCA Sim Series Website
- "TSF signs contract with ISI to use the Gmotor2 engine". The Sim Factory, LLC. 2006-10-27.
- "TSF announces pre-ordering of ARCA SimRacing Software". The Sim Factory, LLC. 2008-01-01.
|This stock car racing video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|