From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009)|
It has a large number of elements, including:
- ARTES 1 (Preparatory) : strategic analysis, market analysis, technology and system feasibility studies, and the development and support of new satcom standards.
- ARTES 3 and 4 (Products) : a very wide-ranging section covering everything from pieces of payload to entire telecom systems
- ARTES 5 (Technology) : long-term technological development driven by ESA or by the satcom industry
- ARTES 7 (EDRS): development and implementation of the European Data Relay Satellite system
- ARTES 8 (Alphabus, Alphasat): development of the Alphabus platform and the Alphasat satellite which will be the first to use it
- ARTES 10 (Iris): development of the Iris system for air traffic management from space
- ARTES 11 (Small GEO): development of the 'Luxor Platform' for small GEO satellites, to be launched on Hispasat
- ARTES 20 (Integrated Applications Programme): supporting the development of added value services based on the integration of existing satellite assets (e.g. telecommunications and earth observation)
- "Understanding ARTES". ESA. August 2009.