Alliance of Round, Traditional and Square-Dance, Inc. (ARTS-Dance) is an association to promote round, square, line, and other forms of traditional and folk dance. It is a non-profit/charitable foundation under the IRS section 501 (c) (3) incorporated in North Carolina in 2003 with main address in San Diego, California. It was formerly known as ARTS Alliance.
Its mission statement says:
"The ARTS mission is to generate public awareness and promote growth and acceptance of contemporary Square, Round and Traditional Folk Dance by encouraging and assisting a coalition of allied dance groups. The ARTS will provide leadership and resources necessary to create an achievable marketing program. The ARTS will encourage, promote and support healthy lifestyles through dance programs and events that provide fun and effective exercise for both mind and body, all within a unique system of social interaction."
The association has multiple levels of membership.
The governing board members are presently the following organizations: CALLERLAB, CONTRALAB, International Association of Gay Square Dance Clubs, National Square Dance Campers Association, National Executive Committee of the National Square Dance Convention, ROUNDALAB, Singles Square Dancers USA, Universal Round Dance Council, United Square Dancers of America, and the usaWest Square Dance Convention Policy Board.
Associated membership is provided for dance-related organizations, "recreational leaders" and "supporters of the dance activities".
Individual membership is also provided.
- ARTS-Dance Home Page
- International Association of Callers (CALLERLAB)
- International Association of Contra Dance Teachers (CONTRALAB)
- International Association of Gay Square Dance Clubs (IAGSDC)
- International Association of Round Dance Teachers (ROUNDALAB)
- National Square Dance Campers Association (NSDCA)
- National Executive Committee of the National Square Dance Convention (NEC)
- Single Square Dancers USA (SSDUSA)
- United Square Dancers of America (USDA)
- Universal Round Dance Council (URDC)
- usaWest Square Dance Convention Policy Board (usaWest)
|This dance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|