||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (July 2009)|
- 1 History and mission of ASCAAD
- 2 Membership
- 3 Annual conference
- 4 Board of directors
- 5 References
- 6 External links
- 7 Sister organizations
History and mission of ASCAAD
The founding meeting of ASCAAD took place on the 16th of May, 2001 in Jordan University of Science and Technology.
ASCAAD is a society of those who teach and conduct research in computer-aided architectural design in schools of architecture in the Arab World. ASCAAD aims to facilitate communication and information exchange regarding the use of computers and information technology in architecture, planning and building science.
Membership of ASCAAD is available to architects, designers, educators and researchers. Membership is not restricted to any geographical region, however, the activities of ASCAAD are mainly carried out in the Arab World (West Asia, and North Africa). We accept members from all over the world. Anyone can register online via ASCAAD website.
ASCAAD organises an annual conference in one of the Universities or institutions in the Arab region . Papers are accepted in the conference after a blind review process. All accepted papers are published in the proceedings of the conference, and included in CUMINCAD.Public CumInCAD records are available via an Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH) feed and records are available via multiple bibliographic archives and citation indexes onine.
List of conferences
|2005||E-Design in Architecture||King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals||Dhahran, Saudi Arabia|
|2006||Re-Thinking the Discourse||American University of Sharjah||Sharjah, United Arab Emirates|
|2007||Embodying Virtual Architecture||Bibliotheca Alexandrina||Alexandria, Egypt|
|2009||Digitizing Architecture: Formalization & Content||University of Bahrain||Manamah, Bahrain|
|2010||CAAD - Cities - Sustainability||National School of Architecture||Fes, Morocco|
|2012||CAAD - Innovation - Practice||Kingdom University||Manamah, Bahrain|
|2013||Digital Crafting||Effat University||Jeddah, Saudi Arabia|
A link to the abstracts for all conferences' papers can be found at: http://cumincad.scix.net/cgi-bin/works/BrowseTree?field=series&separator=:&recurse=0&order=AZ&value=ASCAAD
Board of directors
ASCAAD board of directors is composed of ten members elected by members of ASCAAD: president, vice president, and 8 members. Office term for each member in the board is two years, however, to ensure continuity of ASCAAD activities and mission, half of the board is elected annually to join the already existing half. The elected president replaces the existing president, who, in turn, replaces the existing vice president. The four newly elected members of the board replace half of the existing members.
ASCAAD BoD convene in a formal meeting once a year at least. Usually the meeting is scheduled during ASCAAD annual conference.
List of presidents
|2001–2005||Jamal Al-Qawasmi||King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals|
|2005–2007||Ahmad Okeil||Abu Dhabi University|
|2007–2008||Amar Bennadji||The Robert Gordon University,|
|2008–20011||Rabee Reffat||King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals,|
|2011–20012||Zaki Mallasi||Effat University,|
|2012–2013||Neveen Hamza||Newcastle University,|
|2013–20014||Zaki Mallasi||Effat University,|
List of current members of the board of directors
List of Previous members of the board of directors
|Ahmad Okeil||Abu Dhabi University|
|Aghlab Al-Attili||University of Edinburgh|
|Dina Taha||Alexandria University|
|Hassan Satti||Skidmor, Owings, & Merrill LLP|
|Hazem Hammad||Assiut University|
|Maher El-Khaldi||Gehry Technologies|
|Ramzi Hassan||Dept. of Landscape Architecture and Spatial Planning Norwegian University of Life Sciences|
|Sameh Shaaban||RIBA Enterprises|
|Wael Abdelhameed||South Valley University|
|Zaki Mallasi||Perkins + Will|
- Digi-arts knowledge portal, UNESCO.
- "Architexturez CumInCAD OAI-PMH Mirror". Architexturez. Retrieved 24 November 2012.
- "DBLP". UNI-Trier. Retrieved 24 November 2012.
- "Researchgate". Researchgate. Retrieved 22 September 2012.
- "اليوم الثقافي قدم خلاله دراسة للتغير العمراني في مكة المكرمة 25 دولة تشارك في مؤتمر "تجسيد العمارة التخيلية" 25 countries participate in the "virtual embodiment of Architecture"". Alyaum.com اليوم الإلكتروني (in Arabic). December 8, 2007. Retrieved 2009-10-28.
- http://www.bna.bh/portal/news/145302 Bahrain News Agency, BNA.
There are five sister organisations around the world to provide a more accessible regional forum for discussion of computing and design. The major ones are:
- ACADIA - Association for Computer Aided Design in Architecture, since 1981
- CAADRIA - The Association for Computer Aided Architectural Design in Asia, since 1996.
- ECAADE - The Association for Education and Research in Computer Aided Architectural Design in Europe, since 1982.
- SigGraDi - Sociedade Ibero-Americana de Gráfica Digital, since 1997.
- CAAD Futures - Computer Aided Architectural Design Futures, since 1985.
- CUMINCAD - The Cumulative Index of Computer Aided Architectural Design.