ASIS International, headquartered in Alexandria, Va., is a professional organization for security professionals. It issues various certifications, standards, and guidelines for the security profession.
Founded in 1955 as the American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS), the organization officially changed its name in 2002 to ASIS International to reflect the global expansion of ASIS, which now includes members in more than 125 countries.
The name "American Society for Industrial Security" no longer exists except in historical legal documents.
The ASIS International Annual Seminar and Exhibits is an educational and networking event in the security industry.
ASIS administers three Professional certification|certification programs - Certified Protection Professional (CPP), the Professional Certified Investigator (PCI) designation, and the Physical Security Professional (PSP) designation.
- Official website of ASIS International
- The ASIS Annual Seminar and Exhibits
- ASIS Security Jobs and Career Center
- Official site of the ASIS Foundation of ASIS International
- https://www.asisonline.org/About-ASIS/Pages/default.aspx ASIS International Web Site