|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (July 2013)|
|Industry||Telecommunications software and services|
|Headquarters||Redwood City, California, United States|
|Key people||John Cioffi, CEO|
|Products||Broadband and Wi-Fi management software and services for telecommunications service providers and consumers|
ASSIA, Inc. (pronunciation: [asɪa]) is a company that develops and sells products and software for managing broadband networks and residential Wi-Fi networks. “ASSIA” is an acronym for “adaptive spectrum and signal alignment.”
ASSIA was founded in 2003 by Dr. John Cioffi, an American electrical engineer who has carried out extensive research in the area of DSL. Cioffi has more than 400 publications and more than 100 pending or issued patents.
ASSIA is privately held. Its owners include AT&T, Mingly China Growth Fund, SFR Development, Sandalwood Partners, Sofinnova Ventures, Stanford University, Swisscom Ventures, Telefónica, and T-Ventures.
Dynamic spectrum management
- 2013 Broadband InfoVision Awards, 2013: ASSIA DSL Expresse 3.3 release received the Highly Commended awards.
- 2013 Best In Biz 2013: ASSIA Smart Vectoring Solutions received the gold award for the Best New Product of the Year.
- 2012 Communications Technology Platinum Award, October 1, 2012; ASSIA DSL Expresse received the platinum award for Best Data Communications Equipment or Service.
- InfoVision Asia Award for Broadband Access Technology of the Year, May 23, 2012; ASSIA was recognized at the Broadband-IP&TV Asia Conference for delivering the first mobile application for DSL network management.
- Broadband InfoVision 2011 Award at Broadband World Forum 2011, September 28, 2011; ASSIA won the award for Broadband Access Network Technologies and Services – Fixed, with its flagship product, ASSIA DSL Expresse.
Board of directors
- John M. Cioffi, CEO and Chairman of the Board, ASSIA
- Assia Cioffi, Executive Vice President, ASSIA
- Reed E. Hundt, Independent Board Member
- Doug King, Independent Board Member
- Daniel T. Lee, General Manager, eBay Global Development Centers
- Ana Segurado, Telefónica
- Olivier Sichel, Chairman and CEO of LeGuide.com
- John M. Cioffi, CEO and Chairman of the Board
- Jim Wheat, CFO and Vice President of Finance and Administration
- Philip Bednarz, Executive Vice President of Product Development
- Assia Cioffi, Executive Vice President
- Marc Goldburg, Executive Vice President and CTO
- Noah D. Mesel, Executive Vice President of Corporate Affairs & General Counsel
- Tuncay Cil, Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Anthony Hill, Senior Vice President of Global Sales
- George Ginis, Senior Vice President of Marketing
- Steve Welch, Senior Vice President of Opportunity Development
- Matsumoto, Craig (September 13, 2005). "Valley Wonk: DSL Man". Light Reading. Retrieved April 18, 2013.
- Cohan, Peter (2011-11-07). "ASSIA Creates Billions in Value for DSL Providers". Forbes. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- Ray, Tiernan (June 8, 2013). "Winners and Losers in the Coming Super-Network War". Barron's. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "ASSIA Investors". ASSIA. Retrieved April 18, 2013.
- "ASSIA Customers". ASSIA. Retrieved April 18, 2013.
- "About ASSIA". ASSIA. Retrieved April 18, 2013.
- "Dynamic Spectrum Management Project". Stanford University. Retrieved April 18, 2013.
- "Broadband InfoVision Awards 2013 Winners".
- "Best In Biz International 2013 Winners".
- "The 2012 CT Platinum Award Winners". CT Daily. October 1, 2012. Retrieved April 18, 2013.
- "ASSIA Expresse Pro Wins Prestigious InfoVision Asia Award for Broadband Access Technology of the Year". Yahoo! Finance (Press release). May 23, 2012. Retrieved April 18, 2013.
- "ASSIA Wins Prestigious Broadband InfoVision 2011 Award at Broadband World Forum 2011". Bloomberg (Press release). September 28, 2011. Retrieved April 18, 2013.