AVS Video Editor
|Developer(s)||Online Media Technologies, Ltd|
|Stable release||220.127.116.11 / December 24, 2013|
|Type||Video editing software|
|Website||Video Editor Homepage|
AVS Video Editor is a shareware video editing software tool produced by Online Media Technologies Ltd., a United Kingdom-based vendor of multimedia video and audio software. The program is intended for those who are new to video editing (due to its simple-to-use interface), or those making home movies, but it is also a real-time, timeline-based video editing software application containing several hundred special effects, film transitions, and text features, which can enable videos of substantial complexity. It is known for its low price point, wide video codec support, and user-friendly interface.
In December 2007 Online Media Technologies launched a new version of the editor as part of their next generation AVS4YOU range of products. Support for the earlier generation ceased soon afterwards.
Supported video formats
Input: HD Video (inc. Blu-ray video, AVCHD, MPEG-2 HD and WMV HD), AVI (MPEG-4 ASP), DV AVI, MP4 (inc. Sony PSP, Apple iPod and Archos), WMV, WTV, 3GP, 3G2, QuickTime (.mov), DVD, VOB, VRO, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, TOD, MOD, DAT, VCD, SVCD, RealVideo (RM, RMVB), ASF, ASX, MJPEG, H.263, H.264, DVR-MS, Matroska, OGM, Flash Video (.flv), AMV, MTV, TS, M2TS, M2T, MTS, DPG, NSV, FLI, FLC, CDG, GVI, SVI, PPT, PPTX.
Output: HD Video (inc. Blu-ray video, AVCHD, MPEG-2 HD and WMV HD), AVI (MPEG-4 ASP), MP4 (inc. Sony PSP, Apple iPod and Archos), WMV, 3GP, 3G2, QuickTime (.mov), SWF, Flash Video (.flv), DVD, MPEG-1, MJPEG, MPEG-2, H.263, H.264, RealVideo (RM, RMVB).
- 300 video effects and transitions, applying animated text and credits to video. Using picture-in-picture or chroma-key effects.
- Timeline-based video editing.
- Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 8 support.
- Process Blu-ray Videos.
- Speed Up HD-Videos Editing.
- Manage AVI HD, WMV HD, TOD, AVCHD, MOD, MTS/M2TS..
- Due to the integrated video cache technology, HD-video editing becomes faster.
- Screen capture
- Apply the Stabilization feature to set shaky and wobbly video recordings in order.
- Editing HD/Blu-ray videos. Opening and editing all key HD/Blu-ray formats: AVI HD, AVCHD, Blu-ray, HD Video, TOD, MOD, M2TS. Applying effects and add specially designed menus. Saving files and burning them on to DVD/Blu-ray discs.
- Video cropping, trimming, cutting.
- Picture and video overlays, which can be image masked to change their shape and/or animated via various trajectories available. Building custom trajectories is also allowed.
- Inserting one or more audio tracks in media files, mixing or trimming audio. Recording voice or live music. Combining audio tracks with video.
- Organizing still pictures in a digital slide show. Applying transitions, inserting audio tracks, saving as a video file on PC or burn a DVD disc.
- Movie DVDs Burner, burn video collections onto a CD-R/RW, DVD+/-R, DVD+/-RW, DVD-RAM, Double/Dual Layer.
- Creating Slideshows, saving as a video file on a PC or burning a DVD.
- Capture video.
- Transfer video from DV-, web- or VHS-cameras and save video on hard drive or burn DVD discs. Or record media files from the PC screen and create video guides, training videos or demos.
Operating systems supported
In the past some reviewers had difficulties locating help files. Since then online help that is kept up-to-date can be accessed from the program interface or it's also possible to download help files in PDF format.
- CyberLink PowerDirector
- Premiere Elements
- Windows Movie Maker
- Video editing software
- List of video editing software
- http://avs-video-editor.en.softonic.com/, Review by Softonic August 2009.
- http://help.avs-video-editor.org/, Online Help
- http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/software/128885/avs-video-editor, Review by PC PRO March 5, 2010.
- http://avs-video-editor.software.informer.com/4.1/, Review by software.informer.
- http://download.cnet.com/AVS-Video-Editor/3000-13631_4-10407641.html, Quick specs at download.com, October 18, 2009.