AWOLNATION performing in Los Angeles
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Genres||Electronic rock, indie rock, alternative rock|
|Labels||Red Bull Records|
|Associated acts||Under the Influence of Giants, Home Town Hero, Blind Melon, Hotstreets, Insurgence|
|Past members||Christopher Thorn
Awolnation (often stylized as AWOLNATION) is an American electronic rock band, formed and fronted by Aaron Bruno, formerly of Under the Influence of Giants, Hometown Hero and Insurgence. The band is signed to Red Bull Records, and their first EP, Back from Earth, was released on iTunes on May 18, 2010.
Creation, Back from Earth (2009–2010) 
Dublenier Frontman Aaron Bruno was approached by Red Bull Records in 2009, asking if he wanted free use of the Red Bull recording studio in Los Angeles, CA. He recorded a few songs in the studio and ultimately signed with the label, calling it more of a "partnership", and was allowed to make the recordings that he wanted. Aaron Bruno has been with numerous bands before he created Awolnation, including chart-breaking Under The Influence Of Giants. Bruno writes all of his songs himself, but confides in close friends and family or respected artists for guidance. The name Awolnation is derived from Aaron Bruno's high school nickname. In an interview with Kristin Houser of the LA Music Blog, he stated that he "would leave without saying goodbye because it was just easier, so that's where the name Awol [slang from the military acronym for Absent WithOut Leave] came from."
Megalithic Symphony (2011–present) 
The band released their debut album Megalithic Symphony digitally on March 15, 2011, and physically on March 29, 2011 on Red Bull Records. Megalithic Symphony features a total of 15 tracks, including the singles "Sail", "Not Your Fault", and "Kill Your Heroes" (produced by Brian West). Bonus tracks are also offered with the purchase of the digital album depending on the outlet. These tracks include "Shoestrings", "Swinging from the Castles" and "I've Been Dreaming".
The band's first single, "Sail", peaked at #10 on the U.S. Billboard Rock Songs  and has gone platinum in the US and double platinum in Canada. The single got extra media attention when it was used under a video of the professional BASE jump, skydiver, and wingsuit flyer Jeb Corliss. "Sail" has been featured in the episode "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" of CBS's television show The Good Wife, commercials for the Fox television show House, Nokia's commercial for Lumia and PT's commercial for 4G LTE. It is also the background music for Under Armour's "Are You from Here" commercial, featuring Derrick Williams of the Minnesota Timberwolves. "Sail" was covered by Macy Gray and is included on her album 'Covered', issued on March 26, 2012 (USA release). Recently, "Sail" was used for a Sonya Tayeh routine in So You Think You Can Dance Season 9 Episode 6. "Sail" was also used at the end of episode 5 "Dog Soldiers" in season 1 of Longmire. 'Sail' has also gathered major attention by Youtube Host 'Nanalew' along with fellow Youtuber 'Meekakitty' Sail "Sail" was on the soundtrack of the thriller horror movie "Playback" released in March 2012 featuring Christian Slater, Toby Hemingway, Jennifer Missoni and Ambyr Childers et.c. "Sail" gained even greater exposure when it was featured in BMW’s Olympic Opening Ceremony and in commercial spots throughout the Olympic broadcasts. Sail was also featured in a CBC Hockey Night in Canada opening tease on February 18, 2012, prior to a game between the Vancouver Canucks and Toronto Maple Leafs. It is also used as of March 2013 in commercials for History Channel's new series, "Vikings."
Another of the band's songs, "Burn It Down", is featured in the Sons of Anarchy episode "To Be, Act 1". Also one of their songs "Guilty Filthy Soul" has been featured in the episode "Break On Through" of The CW's television show The Vampire Diaries. The band's songs, '"Sail", and "All I Need", are featured in Season 1 Episode 12 of Common Law episode "Gun!". "Kill Your Heroes" is featured at the beginning and the end of Season 3 Episode 2 of the Canadian TV series "Rookie Blue" as well as the Remix of "Sail" together with Innerpartysystem in Episode 8 of the same Season. Their song "All I Need" was recently used in the season finale of the NBC show Whitney
The band is currently working on a second studio album. They released two new songs, "ThisKidsNotAlright" and "Some Kind of Joke". "Some Kind of Joke" appears as the second song on the Iron Man 3 soundtrack. "ThisKidsNotAlright" is featured in the video game, Injustice: God's Among Us.
- Aaron Bruno - vocals, rhythm guitar
- Drew Stewart - lead guitar, backing vocals
- Kenny Carkeet - keyboards, backing vocals, rhythm guitar
- Hayden Scott - drums
- Devin Hoffman - bass, backing vocals
- Christopher Thorn - lead guitar
- David Amezcua - bass guitar, backing vocals
Studio albums 
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions||Certifications|
Extended plays 
|Back from Earth||
|I've Been Dreaming||
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Certifications||Album|
|"Not Your Fault"||—||3||11||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|"Kill Your Heroes"||2012||—||7||16||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|"Thiskidsnotalright"||2013||—||34||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||Injustice: Gods Among Us soundtrack|
|"—" denotes a recording that did not chart or was not released in that territory.|
- "Sorry...". Red Bull USA. Retrieved 2012-10-02.
- "Connecting to the iTunes Store". Itunes.apple.com. Retrieved 2012-10-02.
- "AWOLNATION Delight Fans With 'Wild,' Punk-Influenced Shows - Exclusive Video". Spinner. 2011-04-13. Retrieved 2012-10-02.
- interviews » (2011-07-08). "Interview with Awolnation musician Aaron Bruno « Interviews «". Puregrainaudio.com. Retrieved 2012-10-02.
- "Interview with Aaron Bruno of AWOLNATION". LA Music Blog. Retrieved 2012-10-02.
- Up for Discussion. "Sail - Awolnation". Billboard. Retrieved 2012-10-02.
- "Gold & Platinum Searchable Database - October 02, 2012". RIAA. Retrieved 2012-10-02.
- "Alternative Songs". Billboard. Retrieved 2012-10-02.
- "AWOLNATION Fight 'Injustice' on 'ThisKidsNotAlright' Song Premiere | Music News". Rolling Stone. 2013-04-03. Retrieved 2013-05-15.
- "Tijdlijnfoto's". Facebook. Retrieved 2013-05-15.
- "AWOLNATION Album & Song Chart History: Billboard 200". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "AWOLNATION Album & Song Chart History: Alternative Albums". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "AWOLNATION Album & Song Chart History: Rock Albums". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "Discographie Awolnation". austriancharts.at. Hung Medien. Retrieved October 15, 2012.
- "Canadian certifications – Awolnation". Music Canada. Retrieved October 15, 2012.
- "Back from Earth – AWOLNATION". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved April 29, 2013.
- "RE/Sail – Album by AWOLNATION". iTunes Store. Apple. Retrieved April 29, 2013.
- Posted by NewAlbumReleases.net. "Awolnation – I’ve Been Dreaming (2012) » download by". Newalbumreleases.net. Retrieved 2013-05-15.
- "AWOLNATION Album & Song Chart History: Hot 100". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "AWOLNATION Album & Song Chart History: Alternative Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "AWOLNATION Album & Song Chart History: Rock Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "AWOLNATION Album & Song Chart History: Canadian Hot 100". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "Discographie Awolnation". lescharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved October 15, 2012.
- "Discografie Awolnation". dutchcharts.nl. Hung Medien. Retrieved October 15, 2012.
- "Discography Awolnation". swedishcharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved October 15, 2012.
- "Discography Awolnation". swisscharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved April 29, 2013.
- Zywietz, Tobias. "Chart Log UK: New Entries Update – 4.06.2011 (Week 21)". zobbel.de. Tobias Zywietz. Retrieved June 5, 2011.
- "American certifications – Awolnation". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved October 15, 2012.