Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Luciano Moura|
|Screenplay by||Luciano Moura
|Edited by||Lucas Gonzaga|
|Distributed by||Downtown Filmes|
|Running time||96 minutes|
Father's Chair (Portuguese: A Busca, which literally means "The Search") is a 2012 Brazilian drama film directed by Luciano Moura. It follows the story of Theo, a man who always gave priority to career, until the day that his 15 year old son goes missing. It was shot in Campinas, Paulínia, and in the coast of the state of São Paulo. The film was selected for the World Cinema at 2012 Sundance Film Festival and for the Première Brasil at 2012 Festival do Rio.
Theo is a doctor that leads a good life in a wealthy Brazilian neighborhood. He always gave priority to work, leaving the family at second plan, but little by little Theo discovers that everything around him is collapsing. His mentor and father figure is dying and his wife wants to divorce him. But nothing could prepare him for the day that his 15 year old son, Pedro, disappeared without a trace. Theo embarks on a quest that leads him through Brazil, discovering what really matters to him. Searching for his missing son, Theo finds himself.
- Wagner Moura as Theo Gadelha
- Mariana Lima as Branca
- Lima Duarte as Emiliano Gadelha
- Brás Antunes as Pedro
- Abrahão Farc as Firmino
- ‘A busca’: um personagem sob medida para Wagner Moura - Jornal O Globo
- "Filmes Brasileiros Lançados - 1995 a 2013" (in Portuguese). Ancine. p. 1. Archived from the original on June 16, 2014. Retrieved June 16, 2014.
- "Father's Chair (A Busca): Film Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Prometheus Global Media. October 5, 2012. Retrieved June 16, 2014.
- Barker, Andrew (January 24, 2012). "Review: ‘Father’s Chair’". Variety. Penske Business Media. Retrieved June 16, 2014.
- May 11, 2011. "Filme "A Cadeira do Pai" com Wagner Moura será rodado em Paulínia". Portal de Paulínia (in Portuguese). Retrieved June 15, 2014.
- "Sundance 2012: World Cinema Dramatic Competition". Indiewire. SnagFilms. November 30, 2011. Retrieved June 16, 2014.
- A Busca : Curiosidades - AdoroCinema
- Father's Chair (2011) - Filminfo - Film1.nl
|This article related to a Brazilian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|