A Christmas Story 2
|A Christmas Story 2|
|Directed by||Brian Levant|
|Produced by||Brian Levant
|Written by||Nat Mauldin|
|Based on||Characters created
by Jean Shepherd
|Music by||David Newman|
|Edited by||Roger Bondelli|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
|Running time||85 minutes|
The movie takes place in 1946, six years after the events in the first movie which took place in 1940, showing Ralphie as a teenager, almost 16, who only wants a used 1939 Mercury convertible for Christmas. He accidentally causes the car to roll back out of the used car lot and gently tap a light pole causing a plastic reindeer on the pole to loosen and fall through the convertible top, so he bands together with Flick and Schwartz to raise enough money to fix it before Christmas so that the car dealer won't tell The Old Man.
- Braeden Lemasters as Ralphie Parker
- Daniel Stern as The Old Man
- Stacey Travis as Mrs. Parker
- Valin Shinyei as Randy Parker
- David W. Thompson as Flick
- David Buehrle as Schwartz
- Tiera Skovbye as Drucilla Gootrad
- Dan Payne as Ensign Payne
FleshEatingZipper panned the movie, writing that the slapstick elements in the film detracted from the movie while praising the attempt to "replicate a 40s-era Midwest". Brian Orndorf of Blu-ray.com wrote, "Shamelessly derivative and plasticized, A Christmas Story 2 will only have you wondering why you're not watching the original picture again."
A Christmas Story 2 currently has a Rotten Tomatoes audience score of 40% and 2 "rotten" ratings (with no "fresh" ratings) from critics.
- "‘A Christmas Story 2′ goes straight to DVD". Yahoo Movies. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- Chaney, Jen (16 August 2012). "‘A Christmas Story 2’ actually happened?". Washington Post. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "Trailer for A CHRISTMAS STORY 2 on Blu-ray and DVD: The Holiday Gift for People You Hate". Collider. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "‘A Christmas Story 2′ Trailer: The Lamp is Back". Slash Film. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "A Christmas Story 2". AV Club. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "‘A Christmas Story 2′ Review: I Paid $3.99 To Recommend You Not Watch This". FleshEatingZipper. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
|This film article about a 2010s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|