A Death in the Desert
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|"A Death in the Desert"|
|Published in||Scribner's Magazine|
- Everett Hilgarde
- Charley Gaylord
- Two girls on the train.
- Adriance Hilgarde
- Katharine Gaylord
- Maggie Gaylord
- The Parson
- Diana, a chaste actress in New York City.
Allusions to other works
- Katharine Gaylord mentions Richard Wagner's Das Rheingold, Edward Gibbon's The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, and Heinrich Heine's Florentine Nights.
Literary significance and criticism
- Willa Cather's Collected Short Fiction, University of Nebraska Press; Rev Ed edition, 1 Nov 1970, page 217
- Stouck, David, 'Review of The Troll Garden, by Willa Cather', Great Plains Quarterly, 4:278
- Bernice Slote, 'Willa Cather and Her First Book', Willa Cather, April Twilights, University of Nebraska Press, 1968, page xi
- Woodress, James, The Troll Garden by Willa Cather, Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 1983b, p. 126