A Different Breed of Killer
|A Different Breed of Killer|
|Origin||Knoxville, Tennessee, United States|
|Genres||Deathcore, Melodic Death Metal|
|Years active||2006–2010, 2012–present|
Formed in October 2006, A Different Breed of Killer quickly made a name for themselves in the Knoxville deathcore scene. Less than a year after their formation, the band signed with Rise Records and released I, Colossus, which received generally positive reviews. The band has toured with such bands as Whitechapel, Through the Eyes of the Dead, and Impending Doom.
Recently, A Different Breed Of Killer have announced they are preparing their second full-length to be titled The City. The album will be produced by the band's drummer Nija Walker, who has been a student of recording technologies for 8 years, and worked directly under world-renowned mastering engineer Seva at SoundCurrent Mastering in Knoxville, TN. The album will also be mastered by Jamie King (Between the Buried and Me) at The Basement Recording in Winston-Salem, NC. Also unique to this recording is plans to record, mix and master the entire album in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround sound. The band stated "to our knowledge this is the first time this process has been applied to a death metal record."
The band has also announced that they have left Rise Records and are in the process of securing a new label for The City.
The band has been inactive since 2010. Some of the members are in a new band named Persaeus.
- Davey West - vocals (2012-present)
- Ethan Brown - guitar
- Louie Thal – bass guitar (2007-2010, 2012-present)
- Nija Walker– drums (2007-2010, 2012-present)
- Jesse Mainor – vocals (2006-2008, 2012)
- Patrick Hamilton - vocals (2006-2007)
- Klint Monroe - vocals (2008-2010)
- Kyle McNulty – bass guitar (2006-2007)
- Trevor McKee – guitar
- Forrest Stroud - guitar
- Nathan Palmer – guitar
- Logan Ullrich - drums (2006-2007)
- "A Different Breed Of Killer Signs To Rise Records". September 20, 2007. Retrieved December 5, 2008.
- "I, Colossus review at About.com:Heavy Metal".
- "I, Colossus review at Mammoth Press".
- "I, Colossus review at Punkband.com".
- "A Different Breed Of Killer prepares album". August 31, 2009. Retrieved September 1, 2009.