A Dog Year
|A Dog Year|
HBO advertising poster.
|Directed by||George LaVoo|
|Produced by||Liz Manne|
|Screenplay by||George LaVoo|
|Story by||Jon Katz|
The film is based on the memoir by Jon Katz and adapted by LaVoo. The story centers on a man experiencing a midlife crisis whose world is turned upside down when he adopts a border collie crazier than he is.
Jon Katz faces a midlife crisis. His wife moves out because he was growing too distant. Their daughter Emma still lives with him, as well as their dog Stanley.
One day, Emma notices a problem with Stanley. Jon, Emma, and Stanley visit the veterinarian, where Stanley is diagnosed with a heart condition -- his heart beats slower than it should, and the vet is also surprised that the dog can run at all after his favorite blue ball. Jon tries to keep playing with Stanley, even tempting him with the ball, but the dog does not have the strength anymore and just keeps lying on the floor.
Eventually, Stanley dies. Later, Jon receives a new dog, named Devon, and his crazy new life begins.
- Jeff Bridges as Jonathan "Jon" Katz
- Lauren Ambrose as Emma
- Lois Smith as Lois Blair
- Welker White as Brenda King
- Manish Baliga as Airport Manager
- Amelia Campbell as Sandra Zeller
- Domhnall Gleeson as Anthony Armstrong
- Jan Leslie Harding as Nancy Longhetti
- Michael Heintzman as Jeff Clement
- Josh Liveright as Billy
- Elizabeth Marvel as Margo
- Deirdre O'Connell as Donna Brady
On Thursday, July 8, 2010, Jeff Bridges was nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or Movie.
- "HBO's 'Year' on calendar for Bridges". hollywoodreporter. Archived from the original on 2 September 2006. Retrieved 2006-09-20.
- Article for translators: Confusion between To Lay and To Lie
|This film article about a 2000s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This dog-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|