A Lonely Place to Die
|A Lonely Place to Die|
|Directed by||Julian Gilbey|
|Produced by||Michael Loveday|
|Edited by||Julian Gilbey|
|Kaleidoscope Entertainment (UK)|
|Running time||99 minutes|
A Lonely Place to Die is a 2011 British thriller film directed by Julian Gilbey and based on a screenplay from Will Gilbey and Julian Gilbey. It stars Melissa George, Ed Speleers, Karel Roden, Eamonn Walker, Sean Harris and Kate Magowan.
A group of five mountaineers are hiking and climbing in the Scottish Highlands when they discover a young Serbian girl buried alive in a small chamber in the wilderness. They face dangerous terrain and become caught up in a terrifying game of cat and mouse with the kidnappers as they try to get the girl to safety.
- Melissa George as Alison
- Ed Speleers as Ed
- Eamonn Walker as Andy
- Sean Harris as Mr Kidd
- Alec Newman as Rob
- Karel Roden as Darko
- Kate Magowan as Jenny
- Garry Sweeney as Alex
- Stephen McCole as Mr. Mcrae
- Paul Anderson as Chris
- Holly Boyd as Anna
- Douglas Russell as Hunter 1
- Gillian MacGregor as Policewoman
- Mathew Zajac as Mr Rakovic
- Eric Barlow as Sergeant Gray
- Alan Steele as Hunter 2
- Leigh Newby (extra)
Shooting began on 13 May 2010 in Scotland under the working title The Grave at Angel's Peak. Julian Gilbey shot the film from the screenplay "The Long Weekend" by Will Gilbey. The film is produced by Carnaby International, the studio behind Doghouse. Franka Potente was originally cast for the role as Alison and was later replaced by Melissa George.
In April 2011, the film had its world premiere at the Actionfest Film Festival in Asheville, North Carolina USA where it was awarded 'Best Film' and 'Best Director'.
After the Cannes film market in May 2011, Kaleidoscope Entertainment picked up the UK rights to release the film.
The film had its UK premiere on August 29, 2011, where it was the closing film of Frightfest. It was released in UK cinemas shortly thereafter on September 7. It was released in North America in November 2011, following a screening at the Toronto After Dark Film Festival on October 24, 2011.
- Melissa George is Looking for A Lonely Place to Die
- Melissa George Pays Her Respects at The Grave at Angel's Peak and Finds A Lonely Place to Die
- Melissa George finds A Lonely Place To Die
- Melissa George Climbs to 'The Grave at Angel's Peak'
- A Lonely Place gears up for Scottish shoot
- Watch This: Compelling Promo Piece for Gilbey's 'The Long Weekend'
- Melissa George Pays Her Respects at The Grave at Angel's Peak
- Franka Potente Stars In Survival Thriller THE LONG WEEKEND ...
- Melissa George Finds 'A Lonely Place to Die'
- "A Lonely Place To Die". Toronto After Dark Film Festival. 2011.