A Moment Changes Everything
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2011)|
|"A Moment Changes Everything"|
|Single by David Gray|
|from the album Foundling|
|Released||13 July 2010 |
|Genre||Folk rock, Pop Rock|
|David Gray singles chronology|
"A Moment Changes Everything" is the first single taken from David Gray's ninth studio album Foundling. The song was at one point scheduled to be included on a re-release of Gray's previous album Draw the Line, together with other unreleased tracks from that album's sessions. Promotional singles of "A Moment Changes Everything" were released to radio stations with the text "brand new single A MOMENT released 31st May 2010, Re-Release of Draw The Line with bonus material 7th June 2010" on the sleeve. The re-release was eventually withdrawn in favour of a brand new studio album, with "A Moment Changes Everything" being released as the lead single.
Gray says of the song:
"I don't have fond feelings for it," Gray confesses. "I was contacted about doing some music for a [soccer] tournament a few years ago, and this was my stab on it based on the brief I was given. Unfortunately it got used on the telly and then people heard of it, and when anybody thinks there's any chance of a hit record at radio they just won't let go of the damn thing. So it got let out of the cupboard, and it's ended up on this bonus disc...It's just one of those throwaway moments that other people seize upon. But it doesn't really fit with 'Foundling,' which is very much where my heart lies."
Promo Single [cat# GRAY4]
- "A Moment Changes Everything" (Album Version)
- "A Moment Changes Everything" (Instrumental Version)
- "A Moment Changes Everything" – 3:28
- "A Moment Changes Everything". DavidGray.com. Archived from the original on 21 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-19.
- "David Gray to re-release Draw The Line – includes bonus material – tracklisting - Band Weblogs - The Music Blog | Music News". Band Weblogs. 2010-04-16. Retrieved 2011-08-19.
- New deluxe edition of David Grays album Draw The Line | ethrill.net[dead link]
- "David Gray Shows Softer Side on 'Foundling'". Billboard.com. 2010-08-10. Retrieved 2011-08-19.