A New Deal for Trunk Roads in England
A New Deal for Trunk Roads in England was a response by the United Kingdom Government's Department for Transport to A New Deal for Transport: Better for everyone - a report that reviewed the government's strategic roads programme, based on criteria of accessibility, safety, economy, environment and integration.
The recommendations made in the response were:
- To move the Highways Agency in a new direction;
- To create a core network of routes of national importance;
- To improve maintenance, use and planning arrangements for trunk roads;
- To create dedicated budgets to address noise pollution and road safety;
- To create a targeted programme of large-scale improvements to the road system.
- Department for. "A Targeted Programme of Improvements - Highways Agency Strategic Plan for Improving the Network". National Archives. Retrieved 10 August 2013.