A New Life is the second album by The Marshall Tucker Band. It was recorded in Macon, Georgia at Capricorn Studios. Guest musicians include Charlie Daniels and Jaimoe from The Allman Brothers Band.
The group uses a mellotron on "You Ain't Foolin' Me" and "Blue Ridge Mountain Sky". The mellotron was primarily used by progressive rock acts like The Moody Blues, King Crimson and Genesis.
All songs written by Toy Caldwell.
- "A New Life" - 6:44
- "Southern Woman" - 7:55
- "Blue Ridge Mountain Sky" - 3:37
- "Too Stubborn" - 3:58
- "Another Cruel Love" - 3:58
- "You Ain't Foolin' Me" - 7:03
- "24 Hours at a Time" - 5:04
- "Fly Eagle Fly" - 4:25
(Shout Factory! 2004 remaster)
- "Another Cruel Love" (Live at Uhlein Hall, Milwaukee, WI, July 11, 1974) - 4:23
- Doug Gray - lead vocals, guitar, percussion
- Toy Caldwell - guitar, steel guitar, slide guitar, lead vocals on "Blue Ridge Mountain Sky" and "Fly Eagle Fly"
- Tommy Caldwell - bass guitar, background vocals
- George McCorkle - guitar, banjo
- Paul Riddle - drums
- Jerry Eubanks - flute, saxophone, keyboards, background vocals
- Paul Hornsby - keyboards
- Charlie Daniels - fiddle
- Jaimoe - conga, conductor
- Earl Ford - horn
- Oscar Jackson - horn
- Todd Logan - horn
- Harold Williams - horn
- Producer: Paul Hornsby
- Recording engineers: Sam Whiteside, Paul Hornsby
- Art direction: Wondergraphics, David and Jimmy Holmes
- Photography: Unknown
- Liner notes: Unknown