A Nod Is As Good As a Wink... to a Blind Horse
|A Nod Is as Good as a Wink... to a Blind Horse|
|Studio album by Faces|
|Released||November 17, 1971|
|Producer||Faces and Glyn Johns|
|Rolling Stone||mixed |
A Nod Is as Good as a Wink... to a Blind Horse was the third album by British rock group Faces, and their second album of 1971. It was their most successful album, peaking at #6 in the US, and reaching #2 in the UK. It contains their biggest hit, the rollicking "Stay with Me" (#6 in the UK, #17 in the US).
The original issue of the album came with a poster consisting of a picture collage, including images of pills and pharmaceutical capsules, as well as photos apparently taken on tour of band and crew members reveling with naked groupies in hotel rooms. Within weeks of release, the record company had second thoughts and re-issued the album without the poster, making original copies with the poster into collector's items.
- "Miss Judy's Farm" (Rod Stewart, Ronnie Wood) – 3:42
- "You're So Rude" (Ronnie Lane, Ian McLagan) – 3:46
- "Love Lives Here" (Lane, Stewart, Wood) – 3:09
- "Last Orders Please" (Lane) – 2:38
- "Stay with Me" (Stewart, Wood) – 4:42
- "Debris" (Lane) – 4:39
- "Memphis, Tennessee" (incorrectly titled on original U.S. pressings of the album as simply "Memphis") (Chuck Berry) – 5:31
- "Too Bad" (Stewart, Wood) – 3:16
- "That's All You Need" (Stewart, Wood) – 5:05
- Rod Stewart – vocals
- Ronnie Lane – bass, guitar, vocals
- Ronnie Wood – guitar, harmonica
- Ian McLagan – piano, organ
- Kenney Jones – drums
- Harry Fowler – steel drums on "That's All You Need"
- Glyn Johns – co-producer, engineer
|2005||Audio Fidelity||AFZ 026||24 Karat Gold HDCD|
- "Random Notes". Rolling Stone (Straight Arrow Publishers, Inc.) (96): 4. November 25, 1971.
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. A Nod Is As Good As a Wink... to a Blind Horse at Allmusic. Retrieved 28 Nov 2005.
- Christgau, Robert (30 December 1971). "Consumer Guide (22): Faces: A Nod Is As Good As a Wink... to a Blind Horse". The Village Voice. Retrieved 7 April 2012. Also posted in a revised version with a lower rating at "Faces: A Nod Is as Good as a Wink . . . to a Blind Horse > Consumer Guide Review". Robert Christgau. Retrieved 20 Aug 2011.
- Landau, Jon (6 January 1972). "Faces A Nod Is As Good As a Wink... to a Blind Horse > Album Review". Rolling Stone (99). Archived from the original on 15 May 2008. Retrieved 7 April 2012.
- Faces > A Nod Is as Good as a Wink . . . to a Blind Horse > Charts & Awards > Billboard Albums at Allmusic. Retrieved 22 Oct 2009.
- "Random Notes". Rolling Stone (99) (Straight Arrow Publishers, Inc.). January 6, 1972. p. 4.