A Place for Mom
|Headquarters||Seattle, Washington, US|
|Services||Senior living referral|
|Revenue||$50 million+ |
A Place for Mom, founded in 2000, is a privately held, for-profit senior care referral service based in Seattle, Washington. A majority of the company is owned, since July 2010, by the equity capital firm Warburg Pincus. Its spokesperson is former Good Morning America host, Joan Lunden.
The company provides information regarding more than 20,000 senior housing and elder care providers to seniors and their families throughout the United States and Canada. At the same time it serves as a marketing tool for the thousands of senior housing communities and care providers to which it refers. It is the largest such service in North America and has recently laid off its Seattle-based call center in favor of outsourcing. The company also develops and markets customer relationship management (CRM) software for the senior housing industry.
- John Cook (8 July 2010). "Seattle's A Place for Mom finds a home with Warburg Pincus".
- "A Place for Mom Sells Majority Stake to Warburg Pincus". Archived from the original on 16 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Joan Lunden and A Place for Mom". Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Silver Dollars: Entrepreneurs Seize Opportunities Presented by Aging Boomers". Retrieved 2014-07-21.
- "You've Got Leads". Archived from the original on 29 April 2011. Retrieved 2011-03-28.