A Season for Miracles
|A Season for Miracles|
|Directed by||Michael Pressman|
|Produced by||Timothy M. Bourne
|Written by||Marilyn Pappano (novel)
Maria Nation (teleplay)
|Music by||Craig Safan|
|Editing by||Harvey Rosenstock|
|Production company||Hallmark Hall of Fame|
|Release date||December 12, 1999|
|Running time||90 minutes|
|"A Season for Miracles"|
|Hallmark Hall of Fame episode|
|Episode no.||Episode 1|
|Original air date||December 12, 1999|
A Season for Miracles is a 1999 American television film based on a novel by Marilyn Pappano. Directed by Michael Pressman, it originally aired on CBS in 1999.
Emilie Thompson (Carla Gugino) is forced to take charge of her nephew J.T. (Evan Sabara) and niece Alanna (Mae Whitman) when their drug-addicted mother (Laura Dern) overdoses and the kids are threatened with foster care. Emilie has nowhere to run until they land in the sleepy town of Bethlehem just before Christmas. Even though the authorities have been temporarily left behind, Emilie will need a miracle to keep her family together. A versatile guardian angel (Patty Duke), who assumes a variety of earthly guises, helps, along with the small town-folk who are surprisingly friendly. One coincidence after another gives the struggling family a chance at happiness.
- Carla Gugino...Emilie Thompson
- Kathy Baker...Ruth Doyle
- David Conrad...Police Captain Nathan Blair
- Laura Dern...Berry Thompson
- Patty Duke...Angel
- Lynn Redgrave...Hon. Judge Nancy Jakes
- Mary Fogarty...Agatha
- Faith Prince...Sadie Miller
- Evan Sabara...J.T. Thompson
- Mae Whitman...Alanna 'Lani' Thompson
- Mary Louise Wilson...Corinna
- Kurt Deutsch...Alexander Foster
- Scott Sowers...Deputy Howie
- Paul Collins...Gerald Foster
- Gail Grate...Holly McBride
retrieved from IMDb 2012-06-22
Ray Richmond of Variety called the film "a holiday grab bag of improbability stacked atop improbability." However, other reviewers say the predictability is what makes it a good Christmas classic.
- Richmond, Ray (8 December 1999). "A Season for Miracles Review". Variety.
- "A Season for Miracles Review". Movie Reviews.