A Very Private Affair
|A Very Private Affair
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Louis Malle|
|Produced by||Christine Gouze-Renal|
|Written by||Louis Malle
|Music by||Fiorenzi Carpi|
|Distributed by||Pathe Films|
|Running time||103 minutes|
Brigitte Bardot, the sexy French actress/bombshell of the 1960s, stars in this semi-biographical film of her life. Eighteen-year-old Jill enjoys a comfortable upper-class existence with her widowed mother in Switzerland and develops a crush on Fabio, a friend's husband. She heads off to Paris to become a model and dancer. Soon, Jill is discovered by a film producer and made into a huge movie star. The pressures and annoyances of fame take their toll on her and she returns to Switzerland to recuperate. Jill has an affair with the now divorced Fabio. The press continues to hound her, leading to more complications in her private life.
- "A new triumph for today's most talked about star!"
- Brigitte Bardot
- Marcello Mastroianni
- Nicolas Bataille
- Jaqueline Doyen
- Elenore Hirt
- Ursula Kubler
- Gregor von Rezzori
- Dirk Sanders
- Paul Soreze
- Gloria France
- Isarco Ravaioli
- Antoine Roblot
- Simonetta Simeoni
According to MGM records the film lost $128,000.
- "NY Times: A Very Private Affair". NY Times.com. Retrieved 2009-03-22.
- The Eddie Mannix Ledger, Los Angeles: Margaret Herrick Library, Center for Motion Picture Study.
- A Very Private Affair at the Internet Movie Database
- A Very Private Affair at Rotten Tomatoes
- A Very Private Affair at allmovie
|This article about a romantic drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a French film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|