A Virus Named TOM
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013)|
|A Virus Named TOM|
Planning and development of A Virus Named TOM took place over several years. A playable demo of the game was sent to Indiecade in June 2010, and an alpha build was submitted to Independent Games Festival in November 2010. The game garnered press attention in August 2011 after being demoed at Game Developers Conference Europe. By February 2012, the game had entered beta and was available for pre-order. The game was finally released on Steam and Desura on August 1, 2012.
Development for other platforms was originally planned but has not come to fruition. Misfits Attic told press in August 2011 that the game was being developed for Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network, and PC. However, releases for the former two platforms have not occurred.
In February 2013, Misfits Attic announced that the game was being ported to PS Vita and would be released during the coming summer. The game did not release that summer, but the developer indicated that the port had reached a beta stage via Facebook in January 2014. Misfits Attic confirmed the port was still in development as of June 2014.
- "A Virus Named TOM". Steam. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- Keenan, Tim (28 June 2010). "Playable Demo". Misfits Attic. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- Keenan, Tim (4 November 2010). "IGF, meet Tom". Misfits Attic. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- Smith, Adam (22 August 2011). "A Virus Named Tom: Circuit Breaker". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- "Archive of A Virus Named Tom website". 10 February 2012. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- Schlickbernd, Todd (11 August 2011). "A Virus Named Tom destined for XBLA". XBLA Fans. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- Jones, Ben (12 August 2011). "One To Watch: A Virus Named Tom". PSNStores. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- Mallory, Jordan (17 February 2013). "A Virus Named Tom coming to Vita, PlayStation Mobile this summer". Joystiq. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- "Misfits Attic - Timeline Photos". Facebook. 7 January 2014. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- "MisfitsAttic: @oxguy3 still working on it ...". Twitter. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
|This video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|