A Woman in Love (Ronnie Milsap song)
|"A Woman in Love"|
|Single by Ronnie Milsap|
|from the album Stranger Things Have Happened|
|Ronnie Milsap singles chronology|
"A Woman in Love" is the title of a song written by Curtis Wright and Doug Millett, and recorded by American country music singer Ronnie Milsap. It was released in 1989 as the third single from the album Stranger Things Have Happened. It was his last song to reach number one on the U.S. country singles chart. It tells of man who is confused with the way women in love behave. For an example, during the chorus, Ronnie sings the following line: "You never know with a woman in love."
Success and reception
Curtis Wright, who had just quit Vern Gosdin's road band, wrote the song in 1989. He said that when Doug Millett presented him with the idea, he was initially disinterested in writing the song, but "it kind of opened up like a book". Wright was still concerned that its hook was too similar to Earl Thomas Conley's 1988 single "What She Is (Is a Woman in Love)", and thought that the song was not suited for Milsap's style.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||89|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||38|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 233.
- Roland, Tom (1991). The Billboard Book of Number One Country Hits. Billboard Books. p. 572. ISBN 0-8230-7553-2.
- "RPM Country Tracks. RPM. January 13, 1990. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- "Ronnie Milsap Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Ronnie Milsap.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1990". RPM. December 22, 1990. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- "Best of 1990: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1990. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
"Two Dozen Roses" by Shenandoah
|Billboard Hot Country Singles number-one single
December 23, 1989
"Who's Lonely Now" by Highway 101
|RPM Country Tracks number-one single
January 13, 1990