Aachi & Ssipak
|Aachi & Ssipak|
|Revised Romanization||Achiwha Ssipak|
|Directed by||Jo Beom-jin|
|Produced by||Kim Seon-ku
|Written by||Kang Sang-kyun
|Music by||Kang Ki-young|
|Editing by||Kim Yun-gi
|Distributed by||Studio 2.0|
|Running time||90 mins|
Sometime in the future, mankind has depleted all energy and fuel sources, however they have somehow engineered a way to use human excrement as fuel. To reward production, the government hands out extremely addictive, popsicle-like "Juicybars", which in turn also makes them constipated. Aachi and Ssipak are street hoodlums who struggle to survive by trading black market Juicybars. Through a chain of events involving their porn-director acquaintance Jimmy the Freak, they meet a porn star named Beautiful, whose defecations are rewarded by exceptional quantities of Juicybars. For that reason, Beautiful is also wanted by the violent blue mutants known as the Diaper Gang (led by the Diaper King), the police (most notably the cyborg police officer Geko), and others.
- Ryoo Seung-bum ... Aachi
- Im Chang-jung ... Ssipak
- Hyun Young ... Beautiful
- Shin Hae-chul ... Diaper King
- Lee Gyu-hwa
- Seo Hye-jeong
- Lee Gyu-hyeong
- Oh In-yong
In 2001, Jo Beom-jin introduced a three-minute Flash animated demo clip on the Internet as a sneak preview of his film. Voiced by Ryoo Seung-bum as Aachi and Im Won-hee as Ssipak, the clip attracted three million hits, and the movie was originally scheduled for release at the end of 2002. But after animated films My Beautiful Girl, Mari and Wonderful Days flopped despite huge expectations, Jo's film ran into investor problems, and the production team halted work on the animation for almost a year. It would take a total of eight years for the feature-length film to be finished.
Aachi & Ssipak opened in South Korean theaters on June 28, 2006. Like most of its predecessors in homegrown animation, it was well-reviewed, but a box office flop, with total ticket sales of 107,154.
- "플래시애니메이션 <아치와 씨팍>". Cine21 (in Korean). 7 June 2001. Retrieved 2013-03-23.
- "Scatological Animation to Hit Screens After Eight Years". The Chosun Ilbo. 25 June 2006. Retrieved 2013-03-23.
- Kim, Tae-jong (2 July 2006). "Adult Animation Has Arrived". The Korea Times via Hancinema. Retrieved 2013-03-23.
- Hartzell, Adam. "Aachi & Ssipak". Koreanfilm.org. Retrieved 2013-03-23.
- http://www.aanss.com/ (Korean)
- Aachi & Ssipak at the Korean Movie Database
- Aachi & Ssipak at the Internet Movie Database
- Aachi & Ssipak at HanCinema
- Aachi & Ssipak at allmovie
|This South Korean film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This animated film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|