||The neutrality of this article is disputed. (June 2014)|
Aamra Companies logo
|Founders||Syed Faruque Ahmed and
Syed Farhad Ahmed
|Key people||Syed Faruque Ahmed Chairman
Syed Farhad Ahmed
Aamra Companies is a B2B conglomerate headquartered in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Established in 1985, the group's key businesses include distribution and servicing of machinery and solutions for textiles & apparels industry, ICT, BPO, IIG, Logistics and Professional Development.It presently owns 14 concerns  located throughout Bangladesh.
In 2008, The Texas Group of Bangladesh changed its name to aamra (আমরা) (the Bangla word for ‘we’). The group opened its first international concern in Paris to facilitate its outsourcing business in European countries in the same year. In 2009, its Singapore operation was started for international partner management and to operate its logistic business in the neighbouring Southeast Asian countries.
Aamra Technologies Limited., Aamra Networks Limited., Aamra Infotainment Limited, Aamra Outsourcing Limited & Aamra Solutions Limited are the concerns in the Information Technology industry. The Professional Development business was categorized to aamra Fitness Ltd. and aamra Management Solutions.
The journey of aamra companies began in 1985 with the establishment of Texas Resources Limited (Textile Associates Resources Limited) by Syed Farhad Ahmed and Syed Faruque Ahmed  Soon after, the business diversified to the technological sector by setting up Texas Electronics. The group of companies was later rebranded in December 2007, as aamra, the Bangla word for WE in order to consummate the tagline of the company “the Power of We”. After the rebranding, Texas Electronics became aamra Technologies Limited and Texas Resources became aamra Resources Limited. In 2008, aamra companies expanded their business to the professional development segment by creating aamra management solutions.
Under the umbrella of Aamra companies, aamra Technologies Ltd. provides core banking software, system integration, information system outsourcing, and switching and networking solutions etc. aamra Networks Ltd. provides data center and collocation, infrastructure as a service (IAAS), software as a service (SAAS), audio and video conferencing solutions, bandwidth etc.
The service portfolio of aamra Infotainment Limited includes web designing, content management, e-commerce development, web maintenance and applications, digital marketing campaigns etc. to other businesses.
Aamra Solutions Limited focuses on critical solution development and support in the financial services sector Business Process Outsourcing and Internet Value Added services are the key activities carried out by aamra outsourcing limited. The companies serving in the garments industry  i.e AAMRA Resources Limited, AAMRA Embroideries Limited and AAMRA Fashions (CEPZ) Limited  provide CAD/CAM, embroidery, textile and other industrial development services, industrial automation services and distributes and services world renowned textiles and apparels machinery. aamra fitness ltd. is a gymnasium facility specially designed for corporate  and aamra management solutions provides trainings on business skills and also IT professional training.
Aamra companies have formed partnerships with various firms. The technology partners of aamra companies are TM (Telekom Malaysia), TPS, BTCL, Novocom, Interblocks, Verisign, Dell, VeriFone, Finacle, Polycom, Oracle Corporation, NBS, Barbacuba, Tata Communications, Thales, Webex, 1Asia Alliance, CISCO Systems, Sparkle, EMC, Juniper Networks, Mikrotik, Rosenberger, Diebold, CA, Rapid SSL and Thawte.
Aamra companies has partnered with:- Barudan, Ecotex, Lectra, Loris Bellini, Mathis, Santex, Sclavos, Unitex, Vi.BE.MAC, Ngai Shing, Pozzi, Cintex, for providing state of the art modern equipment for the garments industry in Bangladesh With Brightstar for Logistic Support and distribution With British Council and Technogym for providing services for professional development. Aamra is the official IT partner of Bangladesh Cricket Board, Bangladesh Hockey Federation, Bangladesh Olympic Association, Bangladesh Football Federation and Bangladesh Sports Journalist Association.
- "aamra companies". Retrieved June 27, 2014.
- "Texas Group Named "aamra"". The Daily Star. Retrieved June 27, 2014.
- "Management". aamra companies. Retrieved June 21, 2014.
- "Professional Development". aamra fitness limited. Retrieved June 21, 2014.
- "Dun & Bradstreet". Dun & Bradstreet. Retrieved June 21, 2014.
- "Group Corporate Office". aamra companies. Retrieved June 21, 2014.
- "Renaming of Texas Group". Bangladesh News. January 16, 2008. Retrieved June 21, 2014.
- "aamra Networks’ Details". aamra Networks Limited. Retrieved June 21, 2014.
- "aamra Infotainment". aamra Infotainment Limited. May 21, 2014. Retrieved June 21, 2014.
- "Serving Garments & Texile Industries from 1985". aamra companies. Retrieved June 4, 2014.
- "About aamra fashions limited". Retrieved June 21, 2014.
- "About aamra". aamra Fashions Limited. Retrieved June 4, 2014.
- "Corporate Wellness". aamra fitness limited. Retrieved June 21, 2014.
- "aamra networks limited". aamra networks limited. Retrieved June 21, 2014.
- Sports Desk. "Aamra to continue BCB’s official IPS partner". The Bangladesh Today. Retrieved June 21, 2014.
- "aamra is the official IT Partner of Bangladesh Hockey Federation". aamra networks limited. Retrieved June 21, 2014.
- Sports Reporter. "Aamra to partner BSJA". The Daily Star. Retrieved June 21, 2014.
- "aamra companies". France Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce & Industry. May 21, 2014. Retrieved June 21, 2014.
- "Dun & Bradstreet lists Aamra Networks among the top 500 companies in Bangladesh". aamra companies. November 13, 2013. Retrieved June 4, 2014.