|• Total||104.47 km2 (40.34 sq mi)|
|• Density||700/km2 (1,800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
As of 2009[update] the Aargau District had a total area of 104.48 square kilometers (40.34 sq mi). Of that area, 32.06 km2 (12.38 sq mi), or about 30.7%, was cultivated land, 50.38 km2 (19.45 sq mi), or about 48.2%, was forested and 21.02 km2 (8.12 sq mi), or about 20.1%, has some type of construction on it.
Aarau District has a population of 73,500 (as of 31 December 2013).
As of 2000[update], there were 3,277 homes with 1 or 2 persons in the household, 14,181 homes with 3 or 4 persons in the household, and 9,295 homes with 5 or more persons in the household. The average number of people per household was 2.24 individuals. In 2008[update] there were 10,614 single family homes (or 32.3% of the total) out of a total of 32,851 homes and apartments.
Of the school age population (in the 2008/2009 school year[update]), there are 4,891 students attending primary school, there are 1,755 students attending secondary school, there are 1,175 students attending tertiary or university level schooling, there are 35 students who are seeking a job after school in the municipality.
From the 2000 census[update], 17,246 or 27.3% are Roman Catholic, while 31,124 or 49.3% belonged to the Swiss Reformed Church. Of the rest of the population, there are 179 individuals (or about 0.28% of the population) who belong to the Christian Catholic faith.
|Crest||Name of municipality||Population
(31 December 2013)
The following changes to the district's municipalities have occurred since 2000:
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau-Aargauer Zahlen 2009 – Arealstatistik (German) accessed 22 January 2010
- Swiss Federal Statistics Office – STAT-TAB Ständige und Nichtständige Wohnbevölkerung nach Region, Geschlecht, Nationalität und Alter (German) accessed 18 August 2014
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau - Aargauer Zahlen 2009 (German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau (German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau-Bereich 11 Verkehr und Nachrichtenwesen (German) accessed 21 January 2010