|Full name||Aaron Fiora|
|Date of birth||19 April 1981|
|Original team||Port Adelaide (SANFL)|
|Draft||3rd overall, 1999
|Height/Weight||186 cm / 79 kg|
140 (58)78 (25)
1 Playing statistics correct to end of 2008 season.
Originally from Naracoorte, South Australia, Fiora played his junior football with Port Adelaide Football Club in the South Australian National Football League (SANFL) and made his senior debut with Port Adelaide in 1999.
Fiora was selected in the 1999 AFL Draft at pick number three by the Richmond Football Club. Considered at the time to be one of the most talented young footballers in the country Fiora made his AFL debut in 2000, playing mainly as a wingman and showing pace and excellent skills. However, Fiora's form was inconsistent as he failed to live up to the expectations placed upon him before being drafted, especially in comparison to six-time All Australian Matthew Pavlich, who was drafted with the selection immediately after Fiora.
St Kilda career
At the end of 2004 Fiora was traded to St Kilda as part of a deal involving Troy Simmonds and Heath Black. He was still a fringe player but played several solid games in 2005 before a quieter 2006 AFL season as he struggled with form despite playing 17 matches.
Fiora was retained when new coach Ross Lyon took over in 2007 and was given the number 17 jumper, previously worn by tough midfielder Stephen Powell. Under Lyon's tutelage Fiora enjoyed an excellent and consistent season, playing in all 22 matches. However, after only playing 10 matches in 2008, he was delisted from St Kilda, despite having a year left on his contract.
- Sheahan, Mike (21 February 2009). "Aaron Fiora could not escape Matthew Pavlich comparison". Herald Sun. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "Lyon lets Fiora loose". Fox Sports. 31 October 2008. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- Sheahan, Mike (21 February 2009). "Aaron Fiora - renovating heart and home". Herald Sun. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- Aaron Fiora's profile on the official website of the St Kilda Football Club
- Aaron Fiora's statistics from AFL Tables