|Member of the Massachusetts House of Representatives
from the 5th Hampden district
January 2, 2013
|Preceded by||Michael F. Kane|
|Member of the Holyoke City Council from the At-large district|
August 25, 1970 |
Holyoke, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Debra Vega (m. 2006)|
|Alma mater||Holyoke Community College
Keene State College (B.A., M.A.)
|Occupation||Small business owner, yoga instructor, film editor|
Massachusetts House of Representatives (2013–present)
Vega ran for the Massachusetts House of Representative's 5th Hampden District legislative seat, which was made vacant upon the resignation of incumbent State Representative Michael F. Kane who accepted a position with Columbia Gas of Massachusetts. He defeated the Republican nominee Ward 5 City Councilor Linda M. Vacon and Green-Rainbow nominee Jerome T. Hobert and was sworn-in on January 2, 2013.
- Committee on Personnel and Administration
- Joint Committee on Economic Development and Emerging Technologies
- Joint Committee on Higher Education
Massachusetts House of Representatives, 5th Hampden District, 2012:
- Aaron Vega (D) – 9,545 (60.8%)
- Linda Vacon (R) – 3,211 (20.5%)
- Jermone Hobert (Green-Rainbow) – 2,939 (18.7%)
Democratic primary for the Massachusetts House of Representatives, 5th Hampden District, 2012:
- Aaron Vega – 1,947 (65.4%)
- Michael F. Kane (inc.) – 999 (33.6%)
Holyoke City Council, At-large, 2011:
- Kevin Jourdain (inc.) – 5,029
- Peter Tallman – 4,834
- Aaron Vega (inc.) – 4,697
- Joseph McGiverin (inc.) – 4,675
- Brenna Murphy (inc.) – 4,528
- Daniel Bresnahan – 4,264
- James Leahy (inc.) – 4,252
- Rebecca Lisi – 4,213
- Patricia Devine (inc.) – 3,886
- John Whelihan – 3,675
- Yasser Menwer – 1,706
- Aaron Vega. Massachusetts General Court.
- "Holyoke state Rep. Mike Kane quits House for Columbia Gas job, setting up scramble for post". Mike Plaisance. June 8, 2012.
- "Holyokers elect Aaron Vega state rep over Linda Vacon and Jerome Hobert in the 5th Hampden District". Mike Plaisance. November 6, 2012.
|This article about a Massachusetts politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|