Aasha Davis is an American actress best known for her roles as Waverly Grady on Friday Night Lights and Chelsea Lewis on South of Nowhere. She has also appeared in Gilmore Girls, Grey's Anatomy, House, ER, Castle, and The Shield. Davis was featured in Gnarls Barkley's music video for "Who's Gonna Save My Soul" in mid 2008. In 2012, she guest-starred in the second season of the Jane Espenson-scripted romantic comedy web series Husbands. Most recently, Aasha is producing and starring in a web series featured on YouTube called The Unwritten Rules, which is based on series creator Kim Williams's book 40 Hours and an Unwritten Rule: The Diary of an African-American Woman.
Her latest movie role was opposite Adepero Oduye in Pariah.
Davis's older sister, Lesley Herring, disappeared in Los Angeles on February 8, 2009, after a fight with her husband, Lyle Stanford Herring, Sr. Davis reported her sister as missing when she failed to show up to work, her husband having neglected to do so. Lyle Herring was charged with his wife's murder and in April 2010 pleaded not guilty. On April 8, 2013, he was convicted of the second-degree murder of his wife. To date, her body has not been found. A 2011 episode of Nancy Grace and a June 7, 2013, episode of Dateline NBC covered Davis's sister's case.
- Vary, Adam B (28 June 2012). "'Husbands': EP and star on season 2 of their gay-marriage web series -- EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 28 June 2012.
- Sister of Grey's Anatomy Actress Missing CBS News, March 26, 2009.
- Lyle Herring Pleads Not Guilty to Wife's Murder; Actress Aasha Davis Reported Sister Missing CBS News, April 30, 2010.
- "Ex-Cal State recruiter convicted in wife's murder". KABC-TV, Los Angeles, CA, April 9, 2013.
- Lesley Herring, Hollywood Woman Missing for 2 Years, Gets Nancy Grace Treatment on CNN Tonight LA Weekly, March 31, 2011.