Aba Tenna Dejazmach Yilma International Airport
|Aba Tenna Dejazmach Yilma International Airport
አባ ጤና ደጃዝማች ይልማ ዓለም አቀፍ የአየር ማረፊያ
|IATA: DIR – ICAO: HADR|
|Airport type||Public / Military|
|Operator||Ethiopian Airports Enterprise|
|Serves||Dire Dawa, Ethiopia|
|Elevation AMSL||3,829 ft / 1,167 m|
Aba Tenna Dejazmach Yilma International Airport (Ge'ez: አባ ጤና ደጃዝማች ይልማ ዓለም አቀፍ የአየር ማረፊያ ābbā ṭēnā dejāzmāč yilmā ʿālem aqef ye-āyyer mārefīyā) (IATA: DIR, ICAO: HADR), also known as Dire Dawa International Airport, is an international airport serving Dire Dawa, a city in eastern Ethiopia. It is located 5 km (3 miles) northwest of the city center.
Aba Tenna Dejazmach Yilma International Airport resides at an elevation of 3,829 feet (1,167 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 15/33, with an asphalt surface measuring 2,679 by 45 metres (8,789 ft × 148 ft).
Airlines and destinations
The following airlines offer scheduled passenger service to the airport:
|Ethiopian Airlines||Addis Ababa, Djibouti, Gode, Jijiga, Kabri Dar|
- Airport information for HADR from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for DIR at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- "Dire Dawa International Airport". Ethiopian Airports Enterprise. Archived from the original on 8 August 2012.
- "Domestic routes". Ethiopian Airlines.
- "ET-AGX Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 24 July 2010.