Abandoned (1949 film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Joseph M. Newman|
|Produced by||Jerry Bresler|
|Screenplay by||Irwin Gielgud|
|Music by||Walter Scharf|
|Cinematography||William H. Daniels|
|Edited by||Edward Curtiss|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
A woman's sister goes missing in Los Angeles. She goes to city hall to see if she can get any information about her disappearance. Although the police at first can't assist she does get support from a local crime reporter. The two investigate the disappearance which leads them to a shady detective and a black-market baby ring.
- Dennis O'Keefe as Mark Sitko
- Gale Storm as Paula Considine
- Marjorie Rambeau as Mrs. Leona Donner
- Raymond Burr as Kerric
- Will Kuluva as Little Guy Decola
- Jeff Chandler as Chief MacRae
- Meg Randall as Dottie Jensen
- Jeanette Nolan as Major Ross
- David Clarke as Harry, Mrs. Donner's Chauffeur
- Mike Mazurki as Hoppe
- Perc Launders as Detective Dowd
- Steve Darrell as Detective Brenn
This was Chandler's first film for Universal under a long term contract, and the positive response to his performance began his graduation into leading roles.
- Silver, Alain (2010). Film Noir: The Encyclopedia. p. 23. ISBN 978-0-7156-3880-4.
- Abandoned at the American Film Institute Catalog.
- New York Times. Film review, October 27, 1949.
- Hopper, Hedda. Chicago Daily Tribune (1923-1963), "Jeff Chandler Man of Many Faces: He Can Play Any Kind of Character Role, an is a Glamor Guy, Too." Chicago, Ill. May 6, 1951: c8. Hedda Hopper Writes of Jeff Chandler.
- Abandoned at the American Film Institute Catalog
- Abandoned at the Internet Movie Database
- Abandoned at AllMovie
- Abandoned at the TCM Movie Database
- Abandoned film clip on YouTube