- 1 The Abarangers
- 2 Allies
- 3 Arsenal
- 4 Ride Raptors
- 5 Bakuryū
- 6 Bakuryū combinations
- 7 References
- 8 See also
The team uses a form of spiritual energy known as "Dino Guts" to draw power from their Burstosaur partners and transform. When transformed into the Abarangers, Ryoga says "The Violent Dino Guts!" (荒ぶるダイノガッツ! Araburu Daino Gattsu!?) followed by the whole group saying "Bakuryū Sentai Abaranger!" (爆竜戦隊アバレンジャー! Bakuryū Sentai Abarenjā!?). Each member of the group is also able to shift into "Abare Mode", whereby the diamond pattern on their costumes transforms into sharp blades.
Ryoga Hakua (伯亜 凌駕 Hakua Ryōga?), who fights as Aba Red (アバレッド Aba Reddo?), is the 22-year-old optimistic team leader of the Abarangers from Nagoya. He is a certified environmental protection investigator from the United States. Although he is overly confident, he has an extremely good nature and is friendly, warm-hearted, and loving. He was given guardianship of Mai after his brother and sister-in-law died and did his best to raise her. He would eventually gain the power to become Abare Max (アバレマックス Abare Makkusu?) after Asuka completed the StyRiser. His voice deepens as Abare Max. His Burstosaur partners are Tyranno and Styraco. In the finale, he returns to the United States and travels across the country along with Mai.
After transforming into Aba Red, he says "Great Energy! Aba Red" (元気莫大!アバレッド Genki Bakudai! Aba Reddo?).
Yukito Sanjyo (三条 幸人 Sanjō Yukito?), who fights as Abare Blue (アバレブルー Abare Burū?), is a charismatic 21-year-old chiropractor from Sapporo and the anti-hero of the group. Yukito will help anyone, but charges outrageously high prices for it. In one instance, he asks Asuka for U.S. $400,000,000 in order to assume his role as Abare Blue — something Asuka naively accept these and promises to save and pay, much to Yukito's surprise. His Burstosaur partner is Tricera. He seems cold, but has a kind heart underneath, though he will never fully reveal his feelings. Yukito chooses to move into the Dino House with the others to avoid having to commute from the area where he lives. Yukito's anti-social personality comes from his past: when he was little, his father tried to prepare Yukito to succeed him as head of the Sanjyo Corporation in the future. Yukito was forced to study daily and was never given breaks, and was not allowed to have any friends. The father-son relationship was finally broken when his father paid his girlfriend's family to move away while he was in junior high. Yukito never forgave his father for that and claimed that he hated him, but it was himself that he actually hated for a long time. In the finale, Yukito returns to his chiropractor business. In Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger vs. Abaranger, the Abarangers convince the S.P.D. Earth Branch to work with them after Yukito uses his chiropractic skills to fix Doggie Kruger's hidden back problem. Also in the film, Yukito appears to be in a relationship with Emiri.
After transforming into Abare Blue, he says, "Explode Seriously! Abare Blue" (本気爆発!アバレブルー Honki Bakuhatsu! Abare Burū?).
Ranru Itsuki (樹 らんる Itsuki Ranru?), who fights as Abare Yellow (アバレイエロー Abare Ierō?), is a 20-year-old technology mistress from Fukuoka who owns a German BD-1 bicycle she nicknamed "Birdie" (バーディ Bādi?). All she really wants is peace. She was formerly trained to be an idol, but hated it and left to work in the mechanical field. She is interested in anything mechanical, can create her own devices, and is a genius in mechanics. Ranru used to be afraid of nattō until she was forced to conquer it during a battle with a Trinoid. Ranru also carries a small camera with her and usually snaps photos of the enemy during mid-battle to come up with a strategy on how to defeat it. She sometimes has an itchy back and often wants others to scratch it for her. Her Burstosaur partner is Ptera. In the finale, Ranru goes to work at a racetrack.
After transforming into Abare Yellow, she says, "Rushing with Courage! Abare Yellow" (勇気で驀進!アバレイエロー Yūki de Bakushin! Abare Ierō?).
Asuka (アスカ?), who fights as Abare Black (アバレブラック Abare Burakku?), is a warrior from Dino Earth with a tragic past. He was the last of the people who fought the Evoliens and escaped to Earth. He brought the Dino Braces and gave them to the Abarangers. When he arrived, the Dino Harp was damaged, so he couldn't transform. He lost his first battles as he couldn't use his Dino Guts correctly, until his true sense of justice awakened. Asuka is a melancholic person; he is fast-willed and fastidious, but his high expectations cause him to be depressed frequently. He has enormous amounts of power. For example, he was able to defeat a Giganoid and an upgraded Killer Ghost on his own. However, due to his gentle personality, he often holds back during battles. On Another Earth, he called himself as Asuka Ohno (大野 飛鳥 Ōno Asuka?). His Burstosaur partner is Brachio.
In the finale, Asuka and Mahoro name their new child Mikoto after Abare Killer and return to Dino Earth with Asuka's family and the Burstosaur. Afterwards, a family, which looks exactly like Asuka, Mahoro and Lije, arrived at Dino House. During the events of Dekaranger vs. Abaranger, Asuka was brought back to Earth by his daughter's power to help the gang, and he was able to rescue Ryoga and Ban/DekaRed from Kazak before they joined up with the others. Asuka appeared in the GoGo Sentai Boukenger vs. Super Sentai movie with Bracho and his second child. He, along with Tetsu, Tsubasa, and Nanami helped Eiji during his battle with Chronos. He transferred his "Passionate Spirit" power to Aka Red to power DaiVoyager.
After transforming into Abare Black, he says, "The Invincible Soul of Dino People! Abare Black" (無敵の竜人魂!アバレブラック Muteki no Ryūjin Damashii! Abare Burakku?).
Mikoto Nakadai (仲代 壬琴 Nakadai Mikoto?, 18-48) is a brilliant doctor who was bored with his life until he witnessed the Burstosaur attack his city while under Evolien influence, caring for an injured Ryoga in the aftermath. But his newfound excitement of destruction was halted when the Abarangers arrived and made the three Burstosaur that would give him a thrill into "dull goodies". With the destruction of the Anomalogaris, Mikoto found both the prototype transformation device, Dino Minder, and TopGaler's Burstosaur egg. Dr. Nakadai left his profession to start up his "game". For a while, until his formal introduction, Mikoto observed the Abarangers from the side while mastering the Dino Minder. Coming to the conclusion that it would be more fun to fight the heroes, Mikoto named himself Abare Killer (アバレキラー Abare Kirā?). However, the Abare Killer suit is a flawed prototype of the other Abaranger suits and is armed with a self-destruct mechanism that could destroy an entire country. Mikoto didn't seem to care that he puts the lives of others at risk, seeing it as an incentive to stay alive in his game. He fought the Abarangers and used their stolen energy to revive his partner TopGaler before recruiting Stego to their cause.
Mikoto later assumes leadership over the villains at Lije's request. However, after fighting the Killer Giganoid with the Abarangers, it was revealed that the other half of Dezumozorlya, the former leader of the Evoliens, has lived within him since childhood, possessing him at times and causing his violent tendencies. Furious of the fact that he was someone else's pawn, Mikoto decided to refocus his game on the Evoliens. It was also revealed that the reason his suit had not yet exploded was because the Dezumozorlya within him has been feeding his body energy, keeping it above a meter that would trigger an explosion should energy in his body drop too low. Mikoto then joins the Abaranger for a short while before finally expelling Dezumozorlya. Once purged of the Dezumozorlya in him, Mikoto's body begins to bleed and he is taken into the atmosphere by TopGaler, who promises to stay by his partner until the final moment as they both explode.
During the events of Dekaranger vs. Abaranger, Trinoid #0: Saunaginnan was going to use its ultimate power to revive "the most powerful being in hell", which it believed to be Dezumozorlya. However, when the ceremony completed, it ended up reviving Mikoto instead, due to him being the true ultimate being who had died and gone there. Mikoto remained to helped both the Abaranger and Dekaranger to the point when the Trinoid was finally killed, which undid the summon and allowed for him to return to the afterlife. As he vanished, Dr. Nakadai told Asuka to give his daughter Mikoto his regards.
After transforming into Abare Killer, he says, "Excellent Excitement! Abare Killer" (ときめきの白眉!アバレキラー Tokimeki no Hakubi! Abare Kirā?).
Emiri Imanaka (今中 笑里 Imanaka Emiri?), nicknamed "Emi-pon", is a high school student. When the Burstosaur first came to earth, Emiri heard their call and almost became Abare Yellow. Unfortunately, her body was unable to support the transformation, but Emiri contributes for the team, such as suggesting names (she came up with Bakuryū Sentai Abaranger, Abare Max and Senpuu Gourai AbarenOh when the other heroes donated their Dino Guts to AbarenOh in Abaranger vs. Hurricaneger). She tries her hardest to become an Abaranger and eventually does after Tensaichic's defeat in terms of Abare Pink (アバレピンク Abare Pinku?) (or "Abare Pig" as Yukito called her). One of her many mishaps are the time that Voffa tried to turn her into Giganoid #6: Giant (ギガノイド第6番 巨人 Giganoido Dai Rokuban Kyojin?) in episode 24. Later in the series, Emiri creates her own Abare Pink suit (of course without powers), in order to convince her parents to let her stay at the Dino House, but this suit lasted for only a single episode. In the finale, Emiri takes an internship for a job at Yukito's company, and is seen working as a chiropractor in Dekaranger vs. Abaranger and it is also implied she is in a relationship with Yukito.
Ryunosuke Sugishita (杉下 竜之介 Sugishita Ryūnosuke?) runs a curry restaurant called Dino House (恐竜や Kyōryū-ya?), which is the Abarangers' base of operations. When the Burstosaur first came to Earth, Sugishita heard their call and almost became Abare Blue. Unfortunately, his body was unable to support the transformation. Kind and supporting of the Abaranger, he often gives advice and helps the team whenever possible. After the fight against the Evoliens, Sugishita's curry business became extremely successful and resulted in him receiving great wealth and setting up a global chain of Dino House curry restaurants, as seen in Dekaranger vs. Abaranger. However, he lost ownership to Yatsudenwani. Dino House is a recurring element of some Vs movies; characters from Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger through Engine Sentai Go-onger have met each other through Ryunosuke and the restaurant. Emiri nicknames him "Suke-san".
Mai Hakua (伯亜 舞 Hakua Mai?) is Ryoga's five-year-old niece. Ryoga's brother and sister-in-law died in a car crash, leaving Mai in Ryoga's care. Mai thinks of Ryoga as a father and always cheers him on when he fights as Aba Red. Starting at the end of episode 39, Rije's spirit/the mysterious girl chooses Mai to be the only one to see her. In episode 41, a virus transforms human people into Barmia and Mai was infected as well. The mysterious girl warns the Abaranger that the Barmia are Mai's friends, but Mai was cured when her Dino Guts awoke when she cheered for the Abarangers after seeing Ryoga and the others in danger from the Barmia. After the end of the series, Mai stayed in California with Ryoga.
Mr. Yokota (横田さん Yokota-san?): A regular customer at Dino House.
Trinoid #12: Yatsudenwani (トリノイド第12号 ヤツデンワニ Torinoido Dai Jūnigō Yatsudenwani?, 18, 21-Dekaranger vs. Abaranger): Yatsude (Japanese Fatsia) + Telephone + Crocodile. A powerful Trinoid who was seemingly killed by Abare Killer before he could do any harm. But in reality, he was captured and forced to be Mikoto's manservant, making Yatsudenwani a disgrace to his "dad", Mikela. To redeem himself, he decided to capture the other Abarangers, resulting with his crush on Ranru and stalking her on occasion via phone. But soon, after the Killer Giganoid incident, Yatsudenwani moved into Dino House and became a member of its staff. In #44, Yatsudenwani used a new power, "TeleCroco Dream", to put the Abarangers into a deep slumber until they woke up and retaliated with Super Dino Bomber. However, the entire episode was just a bad dream the Trinoid had. In the end, Yatsudenwani chose to stay on Earth. In Dekaranger vs. Abaranger, it was revealed that he now runs the flourishing Dino House and its branches as CEO. Furthermore, Yatsudenwani held an artifact capable of resurrecting Dezumozorya. In addition, he glomped Ban/Deka Red mistaking him for Ranru and eavesdropped on Ranru, Emiri, Umeko, and Jasmine while they were bathing resulting in a severe beating during the group's victory meal.
Mahoro (マホロ?): Asuka's love interest from Dino Earth. When she and her brother entered the Garden Palace to end the fighting, they were captured by Dezumozorya who showed her that Asuka "abandoned" them before using her to create Lije. Since then, Mahoro discarded her name and became the Destruction Messenger Jeanne, fixated on killing Asuka for betraying her. After killing Geilton, she used the Cursed Armor whenever she needed to, though she became haunted by the past thanks to the mysterious girl. After the explosion of the Anomalogaris, Jeanne was restored to her original self thanks to Asuka's sacrifice of wearing the Cursed Armor once more. Although the Abarangers found her and figured out who she was, Mahoro had lost her memory and worked in the Dino House until her memory came back after learning that Asuka had the Cursed Armor which forced Mahoro to assume her Evolien identity to free Asuka from the armor. After that, she helped the Abarangers in secret until Dezumozorya learned of her treachery. In the end, she was able to relinquish her guilt and return with Asuka to Dino Earth to start their lives a new. She returned to Earth during the ending of Dekaranger vs. Abaranger to join the party.
Mysterious Girl (謎の少女 Nazo no Shōjo?): This mysterious girl was actually the "other side" of Lije, the only part unaffected by Dezumozorya. She occasionally leaves Lije's body to stop the fight between Asuka and Mahoro. However, once Lije turned into Lijewel, she was forced to leave their body for good and move into Dino House, befriending Mai after using her to maintain her existence. The mysterious girl would later reemerge into Lijewel to purge Dezumozorya from her, causing them to regress into a baby. The infant, soon renamed Mikoto after Dr. Mikoto Nakadai, still possessed Lije/Lijewel's ability to travel to between worlds. She returned to Earth during the ending of Dekaranger vs. Abaranger and Boukenger vs Super Sentai, where she brought her father to where he was needed both times.
Princess Freezia (王女フリージア Ōjo Furījia?, Movie): When the gang are having a fun summer party at the beach, she appears in front of Ryoga and Hanabikinikibeenus literally drops from the sky to capture her. There is a great myth through the Dragon People in Dino Earth that a princess guards the two evil Burstosaur on an Arctic island. Asuka was surprised that the legend he grew up with was true. The BakuLaser had been broken in half. The other piece was excavated by humans and put in a museum. Ryoga and Freezia sneak in and steal it. He uses his Dino Guts to merge it together. It was revealed that she was Garuvidi in disguise and used the fully formed BakuLaser to call upon the Burstosaur. The real Freezia was inside of the BakuLaser and wasn't able to come out. She also expressed affection for Ryoga. She commended the Abaranger for their bravery and went off with the BakuLaser.
Wiseman Akgul (賢者アクガル Kenja Akugaru?, Movie): He told to children including Asuka about two blue Burstosaur 15 years ago.
Though they aren't allies to the Abarangers, at the end of the final episode, a couple who resemble Mikoto Nakadai and Lijewel and a family resembling Asuka, Mahoro, and Lije, enter the Dino House as everyone reminisces old times during the Abare Reunion six months after the defeat of Dezumozorya. These five civilians even bear the names of their lookalikes, as noted by Yatsudenwani but they have slightly different personalities their counterparts. Fittingly, the two sets of lookalikes each wore the colors of AbareKiller and AbareBlack. They are meant to represent their absent counterparts for the reunion.
Other Super Sentai groups
- Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger: Meet up in the Abaranger vs. Hurricaneger movie to fight the Space Ninja Iga. First, the Abarangers found Yousuke Shiina fighting Wendinu and Furabiijo, enemies of the Hurricanegers. When the Hurricanegers presumably defeated them, they fell into a warp hole that transferred them into the Evolien castle. They had joined the Evoliens. Even though the Hurricanegers and Abarangers had trouble adjusting to this sudden event at first, eventually they collaborated to fight off the enemies.
- Lightning Speed Gouraiger: Allies of the Hurricaneger.
- Sky Ninja Shurikenger: Thought to be dead near the Hurricaneger finale, Shurikenger, along with Revolver Mammoth, briefly return to help the Abarangers, Hurricanegers and Gouraigers in battling Jakanja and the Evoliens.
- Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger: Meet up in the Dekaranger vs. Abaranger movie to fight an Alienizer's attempt to resurrect Dezumozorya. In the beginning, Ryoga, Yukito, and Ranru were arrested by the Dekarangers for attacking the city, but they later found out that they were after an Alienizer who was trying to revive Dezumozorya.
- Dino Braces (ダイノブレス Daino Buresu?): The transformation device of the three core Abarangers. The Dino Plates (ダイノプレート Daino Purēto?) attached to them are models of the Burstosaur's heads and speak for the Burstosaur. The transformation call is "Burstosaur Change!" (爆竜チェンジ! Bakuryū Chenji!?). Ranru's Dino Brace has the Search Beam (サーチビーム Sāchi Bīmu?) and the Dino Laser (ダイノレイザー Daino Reizā?). Upon transforming into Abare Max, Aba Red's Dino Brace is changed to a golden color.
- Attack Bandit Resistance Suit (アタック・バンテッド・レジスタンス・スーツ Atakku Bantetto Rejisutansu Sūtsu?): The Abarangers' suits, which are impervious to bullets, radiation and heat, and absorb ninety percent of the damage if hit by a missile. Abare Killer's suit, the 0 Suit (０号スーツ Zerogō Sūtsu?), is the prototype of the Attack Bandit Resistance Suits. The #0 Suit is also a time-bomb, with enough power to take Tokyo along with it.
- Abare Mode (アバレモード Abare Mōdo?): An upgrade for the Abarangers, in which their suit markings pop out as armor plating along with spikes that appear out of their boots when they are in battle. Their helmets' visors roars when Abare Mode is activated. Abare Yellow's Abare Mode gives her wings as well, but later in the show she stops using them.
- Dino Guts (ダイノガッツ Daino Gattsu?): From genesis, the ground has been concealed with spiritual energy. This power has raised to a greater extent in the process of evolution. Creatures such as the Burstosaur have reached the point of evolution that they can attach the powerful spiritual energy wave to themselves. It can be triggered when its user has great courage.
- AbaLasers (アバレイザー Abareizā?): The side-arms of the core three Abarangers. In Gun Mode (ガンモード Gan Mōdo?), it discharges an energy bullet which can penatrate a concrete of a 1m thickness. In Sword Mode (ソードモード Sōdo Mōdo?), it can slice a 50 cm iron prop.
- Tyranno Rod (ティラノロッド Tirano Roddo?): Aba Red's personal weapon, attacks with the Tyranno Hurricane Attack (ティラノハリケーンアタック Tirano Harikēn Atakku?) and the Tyranno Rod Circle Moon (ティラノロッドサークルムーン Tirano Roddo Sākuru Mūn?).
- Tricera Bunker (トリケラバンカー Torikera Bankā?): Abare Blue's personal weapon, attacks with the Blue Slash (ブルースラッシュ Burū Surasshu?) and the Tricera Rolling Finish (トリケラローリングフィニッシュ Torikera Roōringu Finisshu?).
- Ptera Daggers (プテラダガー Putera Dagā?): Abare Yellow's personal weapons, attacks with the Yellow Flying Dagger (イエローフライングダガー Ierō Furaingu Dagā?) and the Ptera Spin Crash (プテラスピンクラッシュ Putera Supin Kurasshu?).
- Dino Bomber (ダイノボンバー Daino Bonbā?): Combination of the Tyranno Rod, Tricera Bunker, and Ptera Daggers. It is used to destroy normal sized monsters with the Hissatsu Dino Dynamite (必殺ダイノダイナマイト Hissatsu Daino Dainamaito?), a finishing move that fires a large blast to destroys the enemy, and the Hisattsu Riding Dynamite (必殺ライディングダイナマイト Hisattsu Raidingu Dainamaito?), which is used while riding on a Ride Raptor at 150 km/hour. The blast combines the Dino Guts of the Ride Raptor and the Abarangers. It is effective on monsters that can fly away.
- Dino Commander & Dino Harp (ダイノコマンダー＆ダイノハープ Daino Komandā ando Daino Hāpu?): Abare Black's transformation brace resembling a Brachiosaurus head, it is gold and black with red buttons. The harp is much like a harmonica. It was damaged in the first episode and this is probably what causes a fight between Asuka and Brachio. He gets his powers back in episode 7. Abare Black's transformation call is the same as the others. While Asuka was possessed by the Cursed Armor, Abare Killer found the Dino Harp which the other Abarangers later recovered from him. It was later used to try to restore Asuka's sanity in Episode 40. Once Asuka was freed from the armor, the Dino Harp was returned to him.
- Dino Thruster (ダイノスラスター Daino Surasutā?): Abare Black's main weapon. Can thrust the blade into the ground to perform the Fire Inferno (ファイヤーインフェルノ Faiyā Inferuno?), the Splash Inferno (スプラッシュインフェルノ Supurasshu Inferuno?), the Storm Inferno (ストームインフェルノ Sutōmu Inferuno?), and the Grand Inferno (グランドインフェルノ Gurando Inferuno?). Its finishers are the Dino Thruster Head Crash (ダイノスラスターヘッドクラッシュ Daino Surasutā Heddo Kurasshu?), the Dino Thruster Crescent Moon (ダイノスラスタークレセントムーン Daino Surasutā Kuresento Mūn?), and the Dino Thruster Circle Moon (ダイノスラスターサークルムーン Daino Surasutā Sākuru Mūn?).
- Super Dino Bomber (スーパーダイノボンバー Sūpā Daino Bonbā?): Combination of the Dino Bomber with the Dino Thruster. Attacks with the Hissatsu Super Dino Dynamite (必殺スーパーダイノダイナマイト Hissatsu Sūpā Daino Dainamaito?).
- Dino Minder (ダイノマインダー Daino Maindā?): Abare Killer's transformation device which Top or Stego would use to talk to him. His transformation call is the same as the others. The Dino Minder, along with TopGaler's egg, fell from the sky from the Anomalogaris just before the ship was destroyed by AbarenOh.
- Wing Pentact (ウィングペンタクト Wingu Pentakuto?): Abare Killer's main weapon. It has the two modes of a Tact Mode (タクトモード Takuto Mōdo?) and a Blade Mode (ブレードモード Burēdo Mōdo?), where he can use it like a pen to create and fire laser arrows, and Blade Mode, where he can use it to attack directly. As shown in Episode 18, when Abare Killer wrote his name to introduce himself to the Abarangers.
- StyRiser (スティライザー Sutiraizā?): In episode 29, Asuka saw the location of this weapon in his dream. It was on Earth, but it still hadn't been explained how it got there. Using his sword, he carved it from white stone while the Abarangers fought against Killer Ghost. When Asuka finished it and brought it to them, Aba Red, Abare Blue, and Abare Yellow put their Dino Guts into the weapon, which gave it color and transformed Aba Red into Abare Max. Wielding this weapon, Abare Max can take the enemy to the Atmosphere Explosion Max Field (大気爆裂マックスフィールド Taiki Bakuretsu Makkusu Fīrudo?), another dimension which he can manipulate at will to defeat it where he has the advantage. In its Defense Mode (ディフェンスモード Difensu Mōdo?), the StyRiser acts as a shield, and in its Offense Mode (オフェンスモード Ofensu Mōdo?), a blade extends from the main body so that Abare Max can attack. Its finisher move is the Hissatsu Slash Maximum (必殺スラッシュマキシマム Hissatsu Surasshu Makishimamu?). It can also be placed into Styraco's cockpit to control it, as well as MaxOhja, and from there, the Dino Plates for Bachycelo, Dimenoko, Parasa, and Ankylo can attach to it to create its Summoner Mode (サモナーモード Samonā Mōdo?) and combine them with MaxOhja to form MaxRyuoh.
- Superior Dino Bomber (スーペリアダイノボンバー Sūperia Daino Bonbā?): The combination of the Super Dino Bomber with the Wing Pentact. The finisher is known as the Hissatsu Superior Dino Dynamite (必殺スーペリアダイノダイナマイト Hissatsu Sūperia Daino Dainamaito?).
- BakuLaser (バクレイザー Bakureizā?): Appears only in the Abaranger Deluxe movie, an AbaLaser-like weapon. Referred to as the "Sword of the Seal" in Dino-Earthian legends, as it sealed the Fearsome Burstosaur after Freezia infused the weapon with her life force. Princess Freezia had half of the BakuLaser in her possession and needed to find the other piece. The other piece was excavated by humans and put in a museum. Ryoga and Freezia sneaked in and steal it. He uses his Dino Guts to reforge it back together. However, "Princess Freesia" was revealed to be Garuvidi, who used the BakuLaser to form BakurenOh and piloted it until it was destroyed. The BakuLaser returned to Ryoga's possession and it gained the Abaranger emblem and attacked with the Hissatsu BakuLaser Sword Crash (必殺バクレイザーソードクラッシュ Hissatsu Bakureizā Sōdo Kurasshu?). The real Freezia was embedded in the weapon, unable to act on her own. But witnessing the acts Ryoga and gang done, she thanked them before the BakuLaser disappears.
- Nonuple Connection Super Dino Victory (九重連スーパーダイノビクトリー Kyūjūren Sūpā Daino Bikutorī?): An Abaranger vs. Hurricaneger exclusive. The front section of the Super Dino Bomber connects to the end section of the Hurricaneger and Gouraiger's Victory Gadget. The finisher attack of the Super Dino Victory is the Hissatsu Victory Dino Dynamite (必殺ビクトリーダイノダイナマイト Hissatsu Bikutorī Daino Dainamaito?) attack.
The Ride Raptors (ライドラプター Raido Raputā?) are Velociraptor-like creatures, but are not as intelligent as the Bakuryū but are very much like horses. The Abarangers' use them as their main transportation. Each Abaranger, excluding Killer, has a Ride Raptor in a matching color. The Black Raptor made a cameo in GoGo Sentai Boukenger vs. Super Sentai.
The Bakuryū (爆竜?) are giant beasts from Dino Earth that evolved from the dinosaurs. They had a mutual friendship with the Dino People (竜人 Ryūjin?) until the Evorians attacked. While most of the Bakuryū eggs were sent to Earth, Tyranno, Tricera, and Ptera fell under the Evolien's control. Sent to Earth, the three went on a path of destruction until their partners freed them.
Nicknamed "Tyranno" (ティラノ Tirano?), the Bakuryū Tyrannosaurus (爆竜ティラノサウルス Bakuryū Tiranosaurusu?) is Aba Red's partner Burstosaur, and the strongest of the first three Bakuryū. His jaws, strength, and sharp claws make him a tough opponent. His tail is his greatest weapon, which enables him to drill through anything. Although wise, he has a short fuse when it comes to Ryoga. He shows sympathy towards Mai since he understands the feelings of a father; he lost his wife and only child on Dino Earth to the Evolien, so he constantly pushes Ryoga up to be a good father figure for Mai. In fact, in the finale, Tyranno said to Ryoga that if he and Mai are not happy, he would come back and get him. Tyranno forms the majority of AbarenOh: the head, legs, body, left arm, and the blade of the Double-Tail Sword (ダブルテイルソード Daburu Teiru Sōdo?). He also detaches and donates his tail to another robot combination to add "Drill" suffix to the name, or with the CarnoRyutus's tail, the "Twin Drill" suffix. He ends his sentences with the word "Tera" (テラ?).
Nicknamed "Tricera" (トリケラ Torikera?), the Bakuryū Triceratops (爆竜トリケラトプス Bakuryū Torikeratopusu?) is Abare Blue's partner Burstosaur, and the armored one among the three Burstosaur. Tricera can take a great deal of punishment from an opponent. He seems strong enough to topple every building in downtown Japan. Tricera is actually the youngest of the three Burstosaur, as his voice sounds like a Japanese pre-teen. In episode 36, he wishes to become human and suddenly becomes a little boy named Kerato (ケラト?). The transformation is later revealed to be caused by an angel, much to God's dismay. He falls in love with a woman, but sacrifices his human life to turn back into his normal form in order to protect Yukito. In the finale, Tricera thanks Yukito for everything. Tricera forms AbarenOh's right arm, shield, and the handle of the Double-Tail Sword. He also becomes a swap-in arm of another robot combination to add the "Triceratops" suffix to the robot (this is never seen in the footage). He ends his sentences with the word "Kera" (ケラ?).
Nicknamed "Ptera" (プテラ Putera?), the Bakuryū Pteranodon (爆竜プテラノドン Bakuryū Puteranodon?) is Abare Yellow's partner Burstosaur, and the fastest of the three Burstosaur. She can reach speeds of Mach 1.2 and higher, with her wings, beak, and shockwaves effective on any enemy. She is a kind and sweet Burstosaur. In the finale, Ptera tells Ranru to look for a nice boyfriend. Ptera forms AbarenOh's helmet and "gown". The chestpiece can be removed for the Ptera Cutter to become a bladed boomerang used by Abarenoh. She ends her sentences with the word "Pura" (プラ?).
Nicknamed "Brachio" (ブラキオ Burakio?), the Bakuryū Brachiosaurus (爆竜ブラキオサウルス Bakuryū Burakiosaurusu?) is Abare Black's partner Burstosaur, and the biggest Burstosaur. He is wise, calm, and hates fighting. Brachio is the only Burstosaur that was immune to the Evoliens' control due to his partnership with Asuka. He resides at the bottom of Tokyo Bay and holds most of the other Burstosaur inside his body until they are needed. He recites rousing poetic speeches (actually puns on select Toei hero songs) when heading into battle. There's some indication that he may be the eldest and wisest of the Burstosaur. He made a brief cameo in the GoGo Sentai Boukenger vs. Super Sentai movie. He ends his sentences with the word "Bura" (ブラ?).
A Pachycephalosaurus nicknamed "Bachycelo" (バキケロ Bakikero?), the Bakuryū Bachycelonagurus (爆竜バキケロナグルス Bakuryū Bakikeronagurusu?) was the first of the Burstosaur eggs found. After being hatched, he remained at Dino House until he grew large enough to be placed in Brachio with the others. His personality is quite childish, similar to Tricera. He forms MaxRyuoh's right arm. In the finale, Bachycelo said to Mai that he's happy that she's so close with her dad (Ryoga), and to be good to him. He ends his sentences with the word "Baki" (バキ?).
A laidback Dimetrodon nicknamed "Dimenoko" (ディメノコ?), the Bakuryū Dimenokodon (爆竜ディメノコドン Bakuryū Dimenokodon?) found in Kyoto. He becomes the interior of MaxRyuoh's right leg. He tends to be dopey now and then. He loves the music of Asuka's Dino Harp. After Asuka was found to be possessed by the Cursed Armor, Dimenoko suggested that the Abarangers use Asuka's Dino Harp to bring him back to his senses. In the finale, Dimenoko said to Sugishita to take care and to always be healthy. He ends his sentences with the word "Deme" (デメ?).
A Stegosaurus nicknamed "Stego" (ステゴ Sutego?), the Bakuryū Stegoslidon (爆竜ステゴスライドン Bakuryū Sutegosuraidon?) could combine with TopGaler into KillerOh, in which Stego forms the main body and head. He was taken by Abare Killer temporarily with mind control, but after awaking with his own willpower (separating KillerOh in the process), he left only to return to Abare Killer's side by his own will so he could fight at his full potential. Stego seemed to be the only one to really care about Mikoto's life, aside from Lije/Lijewel, to the point where he contacted the other Abarangers in secret when he believed Mikoto would die soon hoping they could help save Mikoto's life. His personality is almost similar to Ptera, but he can be a dunce like Dimenoko from time to time. In the finale, Stego asked Yatsudenwani why he was still on Earth. He ends his sentences with the word "Tego" (テゴ?).
A Parasaurolophus nicknamed "Parasa" (パラサ?) with a Spanish accent who can form the interior of MaxRyuoh's left leg, the Bakuryū Parasarokkiru (爆竜パラサロッキル Bakuryū Parasarokkiru?) was living in the Juan Fernández Islands, where he end up learning to speak Spanish, until he sniffed Asuka's scent and arrived in Japan. In addition, he's an avid piano player. In the finale, he said to Emiri to not lose her cheerfulness. He ends his sentences with the word "Parasa" (パラサ?).
A Tupuxuara nicknamed "Top" (トップ Toppu?) who was sealed for destroying a major Dino Earth city, the Bakuryū TopGaler (爆竜トップゲイラー Bakuryū Toppugeirā?) was found and released by Abare Killer, whom he partnered with. He often employs his great speed in battle, which has been clocked at an astounding Mach 20. He calls Mikoto "human" (人間 ningen?), as a sign of the no-affection relationship between them both. His personality is a hardcore lone wolf like his master. Despite that he showed care for his master when he came back to free him from Immortal and agreed with Asuka's suggestion of letting him form KillerOh. He seemingly died along with a dying Abare Killer near the finale, but he came back in Dekaranger vs. Abaranger and combined with AbarenOh to become Killer AbarenOh. He form's KillerOh's limbs and weapon, or the wings of AbarenOh Galer or BakurenOh Galer and with Stego, also assumes the same wing position for Killer AbarenOh, Killer BakurenOh, or Oo-AbarenOh. He ends his sentences with the word "Gera" (ゲラ?).
A petulant Ankylosaurus nicknamed "Ankylo" (アンキロ Ankiro?), who forms MaxRyuoh's left arm, the Bakuryū Ankyloveilus (爆竜アンキロベイルス Bakuryū Ankirobeirusu?) often admits his lack of trust in the Abarangers, though still comes out to help when needed. It is interesting to note, that when he first contacted the Abarangers, he started them on a wild goose chase saying he was in the city, beach and farm. He was only found by accident and preferred to live a quiet life, until Asuka convinced his otherwise. In the finale, Ankylo noted that Yatsudenwani was an interesting fellow. He ends his sentences with the word "Kiro" (キロ?).
The legendary Bakuryū Styracosaurus (爆竜スティラコサウルス Bakuryū Sutirakosaurusu?) appeared atop a mountain before Abare Max during a very dire situation, when Brachio came under attack from the second Anomalogaris, leaving the Abarangers unable to fight with the other Burstosaur and helpless against Ballugigenia. Along with him was the DinoGarry (ダイノギャリー Dainogyarī?), a chariot which holds the War Steel Dinosaur SpinoGold (武鋼竜スピノゴールド Bukōryū Supinogōrudo?) helmet and the War Steel Dinosaur RhamphoGold (武鋼竜ランフォゴールド Bukōryū Ranfogōrudo?) axes. Styraco and the DinoGarry are called the StyracoGarry (スティラコギャリー Sutirakogyarī?) while Styraco is carrying the DinoGalley. Together, they destroyed Ballugigenia and Styraco became Abare Max's partner. Its attack is Fireball Crash (ファイヤーボールクラッシュ Faiyābōru Kurasshu?). Because it is an ancient Burstosaur, it cannot speak in the human tongue; only through telepathy can it communicate with the Abarangers.
Bakuryū Firenokodon (爆竜ファイヤーノコドン Bakuryū Faiyānokodon?) is a special episode CD exclusive Dimetrodon that hatched in Hawaii. It can combine with AbarenOh to form AbarenOh Nokodon Fire, forming a buzzsaw arm. It could similarly attach to the other robo combinations.
When combining, the basic Burstosaur formations use the command "Bakuryū Combination" (爆竜合体 Bakuryū Gattai?). When an additional Bakuryū is added to a formation, the command "Bakuryū Combine" (爆竜コンバイン Bakuryū Konbain?) is used.
Bakuryū Combination AbarenOh (爆竜合体アバレンオー Bakuryū Gattai Abaren'ō?, Riot Union King): When Tyranno, Tricera, and Ptera combine, they form AbarenOh — a humanoid fighting machine. Tyranno forms the main body, legs, left arm-drill and head. Tricera forms the right arm and Ptera forms the helmet as well as the chest which becomes the Ptera Cutter (プテラカッター Putera Kattā?). AbarenOh's finisher is Bakuryū Dengeki Drill Spin (爆竜電撃ドリルスピン Bakuryū Dengeki Doriru Supin?) where it uses its left arm to pierce through an opponent's body. AbarenOh's other attacks include Tyranno Drill (ティラノドリル Tirano Doriru?), Tricera Punch (トリケラパンチ Torikera Panchi?), Burstosaur Blast (爆竜ブラスト Bakuryū Burasuto?), Burstosaur Fire (爆竜ファイヤー Bakuryū Faiyā?), and Burstosaur Salmon Hunter (爆竜サーモンハンター Bakuryū Sāmon Hantā?).
- Bachycelo can replace Tricera on AbarenOh to form AbarenOh Nagurus (アバレンオーナグルス Abaren'ō Nagurusu?), with a boxing arm for the Burstosaur Hissatsu Baki Baki Punch (爆竜必殺バキバキパンチ Bakuryū Hissatsu Baki Baki Panchi?) finisher.
- Dimenoko can combine with AbarenOh to form AbarenOh Nokodon (アバレンオーノコドン Abaren'ō Nokodon?), by replacing the Tyrano Drill with a buzzsaw arm for the Burstosaur Hissatsu Cross Thunder (爆竜必殺クロスサンダー Bakuryū Hissatsu Kurosu Sandā?) finisher.
- AbarenOhji (アバレンオージ Abaren'ōji?, Riot Union Prince): A combination without Ptera. This was created by Ryoga in episode 14 because Ptrera and Ranru were both hesitant to destroy the Giganoid, but it is not used again afterwards.
- Stego can combine with AbarenOh to form AbarenOh Slidon (アバレンオースライドン Abaren'ō Suraidon?), serving as a surfboard for the Burstosaur Hissatsu Slider Attack (爆竜必殺スライダーアタック Bakuryū Hissatsu Suraidā Atakku?) finisher.
- Parasa can combine with AbarenOh to form AbarenOh Rokkiru (アバレンオーロッキル Abaren'ō Rokkiru?), by replacing the Tyranno Drill with a scissors arm for the Burstosaur Hissatsu Choki Choki Scissors (爆竜必殺チョキチョキシザース Bakuryū Hissatsu Choki Choki Shizāsu?) finisher.
- Ankylo can replace Tricera on AbarenOh to form AbarenOh Veilus (アバレンオーベイルス Abaren'ō Beirusu?), forming a shield and drill blade arm. It can defend against attacks with the Veil Blocker (ベイルブロッカー Beiru Burokkā?), and can be used together with the Tyranno Drill for the Burstosaur Hissatsu Double Tornado (爆竜必殺ダブルトルネード Bakuryū Hissatsu Saburu Torunēdo?) finisher.
- In Episode 26, AbarenOh has Parasa and Ankylo become its arms as AbarenOh Veilus Rokkiru (アバレンオーベイルスロッキル Abaren'ō Beirusu Rokkiru?), for the fishing-themed Burstosaur Bonito Fishing (爆竜カツオの一本釣り Bakuryū Katsuo no Ipponzuri?) attack against a Trinoid enabling for them to switch to AbarenOh Rokkiru to administer the final blow.
- Firenokodon can combine with AbarenOh to form AbarenOh Nokodon Fire (アバレンオーノコドンファイヤー Abaren'ō Nokodon Faiyā?), by replacing the Tyrano Drill with a buzzsaw arm for the Burstosaur Hissatsu Burning Cutter (爆竜必殺バーニングカッター Bakuryū Hissatsu Bāningu Kattā?) finisher.
- In Abaranger vs Hurricaneger, upon gaining the powers of the Hurricangers and the Gouraigers' courage (using the kanjis for "Destroy", "Reverse", "Sword", "Roaring" and "Thunder"), AbarenOh becomes Senpuu Gourai AbarenOh (旋風轟雷アバレンオー Senpū Gōrai Abaren'ō?), armed with a golden version of the Sword Slasher. Its finisher is Burstosaur Hissatsu Ultimate Secret Technique Copy Drill Slasher (爆竜必殺究極奥義分身ドリルスラッシャー Bakuryū Hissatsu Kyūkyoku Ōgi Bunshin Doriru Surasshā?).
Bakuryū Combination KillerOh (爆竜合体キラーオー Bakuryū Gattai Kirāō?, Killer King): When Top and Stego combine, they form KillerOh. TopGaler forms its staff, the Gale Spear (ゲイルスピア Geiru Supia?), as well as the arms and legs, whilst Stego forms the main body and head. Its finishers are the Burstosaur Hissatsu Death Stinger (爆竜必殺デススティンガー Bakuryū Hissatsu Desu Sutingā?) and the Bakuryū Finishing Death Combustion (爆竜必殺デスコンバッション Bakuryū Hissatsu Desu Konbasshon?). Other attacks are the Fillet Strike (ヒレストライク Hire Sutoraiku?) and the Death Combustion Fire (デスコンバッションファイヤー Desu Konbasshon Faiyā?). KillerOh can adopt all of the arm power-ups from the other relevant Blasatasaur.
- KillerOh Nagurusu Nokodon (キラーオーナグルスノコドン Kirāō Nagurusu Nokodon?): Combines with Bachycelo and Dimenoko. First used in Episode 23 after Abare Killer captures and hypnotizes Bachycelo and Dimenoko. Attacks with the Killer Baki Baki Punch (キラーバキバキパンチ Kirā Baki Baki Panchi?) and the Killer Cross Thunder (キラークロスサンダー Kirā Kurosu Sandā?) finishers together.
- KillerOh Veilus Rokkiru (キラーオーベイルスロッキル Kirāō Beirusu Rokkiru?): Combines with Parasa and Ankylo. Formed by Asuka in Episode 43 after he takes command of KillerOh. Finsher attack is Burstosaur Hissatsu Drill Scissors (爆竜必殺ドリルシザース Bakuryū Hissatsu Doriru Shizāsu?), by first striking with Ankylo's Tail Anchor, then hacking with the Parasa's Tail Chopper.
Great Bakuryū Combination Killer AbarenOh (爆竜大合体キラーアバレンオー Bakuryū Dai Gattai Kirā Abaren'ō?, Killer Riot Union King): Created when AbarenOh combines with Top and Stego, initially to defeat BakurenOh, then appearing later in the series. It attacks by using Stego to slide down Brachio's tail, back, and neck, and then uses Burstosaur Multi-Combine (爆竜マルチコンバイン Bakuryū Maruchi Konbain?), an attack which uses Tricera, Tyranno, Bachycelo, Dimenoko, Ankylo, and Parasa as arms at an extremely fast rate before using the Flying Drill Spin (フライングドリルスピン Furaingu Doriru Supin?) finisher.
Top can similarly combine with BakurenOh to form Killer BakurenOh (Kirā Bakuren'ō?), though this is never seen in the footage. In Dekaranger vs. Abaranger, Killer AbarenOh is formed without Stego, known as AbarenOh Galer (アバレンオーゲイラー Abaren'ō Geirā?), and its finisher in the teamup is Gatling Drill Spin (ガトリングドリルスピン Gatoringu Doriru Supin?) by having the Dekarangers' Super Dekaranger Robo propel AbarenOh Galer forward with its Gatling Punch attack for its Flying Drill Spin instead of Stego.
Bakuryū Combination MaxOhja (爆竜合体マックスオージャ Bakuryū Gattai Makkusu Ōja?, Max Monarch): Styraco can combine with the DinoGarry to form a humanoid fighting robot — MaxOhja. Two of its attacks are Max Crusher (マックスクラッシャー Makkusu Kurasshā?) and Max Thunder Spark (マックスサンダースパーク Makkusu Sandā Supāku?), while its finisher is the Max Shoulder Attack (マックスショルダーアタック Makkusu Shorudā Atakku?). Styraco's head becomes the chest of MaxOhja or MaxRyuoh, the tail forms either MaxOhja's head or MaxRyuoh's back. The rest of Styraco forms the body and upper legs in both combinations with the DinoGarry as the lower legs (the wheels serve as MaxOhja's arms), the spike on the right wheel becomes the right "glove", and the left spike become the left "glove".
Sometimes, Abare Black will pilot MaxOhja, along with piloting MaxRyuoh, whenever Abare Max can't do it. The two RhamphoGold become axes for MaxOhja, the hip armor or hand axes Oo-AbarenOh, or combine with the left "glove" spinning weapon of MaxRyuoh. SpinoGold becomes the head for MaxRyuoh or Oo-AbarenOh.
Super Bakuryū Combination MaxRyuoh (爆竜超合体マックスリュウオー Bakuryū Chō Gattai Makkusuryūō?, Max Saur King): When MaxOhja combines with Bachycelo, Dimenoko, Parasa, Ankylo, and the Gold trio, they form MaxRyuoh.
One of the most powerful combinations of the Burstosaur. Their major attack is the Burstosaur Hissatsu Ryuoh Buster (爆竜必殺リュウオーバスター Bakuryū Hissatsu Ryūō Basutā?), which involves the left arm causes an enormous tornado and the bazooka of the right arm discharges the energy shell. Another attack is the Hissatsu Burstosaur Great Charge Attack (必殺爆竜大進撃アタック Hissatsu Bakuryū Dai Shingeki?).
Strongest Bakuryū Combination Oo-AbarenOh (爆竜最強合体オオアバレンオー Bakuryū Saikyō Gattai Ō Abaren'ō?, Great Riot Union King): Created when AbarenOh combines with Stego, Top, the two RhamphoGold, and SpinoGold. It was only used once to destroy the Killer Giganoid. Its finisher is the Burstosaur Hissatsu Oo-Abare Full Throttle (爆竜必殺オオアバレフルスロットル Bakuryū Hissatsu Ō Abare Furu Surottoru?).