|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|Comune di Abbateggio|
|Frazioni||Catalano, Cusano, Di Mezzo, Le Piane, San Martino, Scalelle|
|• Mayor||Antonio Di Marco|
|• Total||15.71 km2 (6.07 sq mi)|
|Elevation||530 m (1,740 ft)|
|Population (30 November 2008)|
|• Density||28/km2 (72/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||Saint Lawrence|
The first documents about the village's existence date back to the 10th century.
The economy of Abbateggio is based on mixed agriculture. Livestock are kept and crops including grain, olives, vines and fruit trees are grown. Cheese and honey are also produced.
The Cusano district of the comune is home to the ruins of an ancient castle and other early medieval buildings.
Festivals in the town include:
- San Lorenzo (August) - Grain feast
- 7–9 September - Patron festival
- Last Sunday in July - Majella Park Literary Award.
- Photos and information on Abbateggio
- Matt Gross (April 6, 2010). "Mangia, Mangia!". The New York Times. — article about food in Abbateggio and nearby towns
|This Abruzzo location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|